Advice on payment machine please - not iZettle. Anyone use them in their busniess?

Found 15th Jan
Morning!

I am looking at using a payment terminal/machine in my new business and wondered if anyone has experience they can share with some hints and tips? I am not wanting the iZettle or PayPal type of payment option as the payments may also be taken over the phone.

What I am looking for advice on are the type of machines that I can use over the phone/face to face with the printer already attached. There are lots of comparison sites out there but I am just wanting to know what people use as the costs are pretty confusing! For instance, do you use Barclays? Worldpay? Pay for terminal monthly?

Any tips would be appreciated!
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
We use Worldpay. I have it set up on our website, for mail order (phone) and face to face (terminal). I also have the facility to send secure email payment requests. I find their invoicing a bit confusing but ultimately II'm paying about £15 a month. Payments are usually quick (2 days) to hit your bank and they are very helpful with the admin side, particularly PCI DSS compliance.
oliverkennedy1014 m ago

PayPal does phone payments https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/phone

Thanks for that - I wasn't aware the did the virtual terminal, although I would still need the actual terminal (just personal preference).
windym12 m ago

We use Worldpay. I have it set up on our website, for mail order (phone) …We use Worldpay. I have it set up on our website, for mail order (phone) and face to face (terminal). I also have the facility to send secure email payment requests. I find their invoicing a bit confusing but ultimately II'm paying about £15 a month. Payments are usually quick (2 days) to hit your bank and they are very helpful with the admin side, particularly PCI DSS compliance.

Thanks! £15 seems like a good cost? Did you pay for the terminal up front?
Edited by: "zippyantsuk" 15th Jan
zippyantsuk19 m ago

Thanks! £15 seems like a good cost? Did you pay for the terminal up …Thanks! £15 seems like a good cost? Did you pay for the terminal up front?

Do you know I can't honestly remember. We've had it for about 8-9 years. By that I mean we've had the account that long, the terminal probably for 4-5 of those.

You can usually haggle a good deal with Worldpay.
windym7 m ago

It does look like Paypal do a …It does look like Paypal do a terminal.https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

They do but I'm being picky and want the printer attached to the terminal too I'm not a fan of email receipts nor using my home prtiner! I'll look at Worldpay a little more and see what they come up with - thanks for the tips!
windym40 m ago

It does look like Paypal do a …It does look like Paypal do a terminal.https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

Notice they also do a refer a friend scheme - tried PM'ing you but you don't have it activated
I didn't know they were off, I've tried to put them on but there isn't a button to click 'apply'. How odd, I've been silenced!

There is a referral thread on MSE I'm sure they'll have someone on there that can refer you.
sumup accept payments by phone
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants