ADVICE ON PAYPAL LIMITED ACCOUNT ACCESS

19 replies
Found 3rd Aug 2010
HI ALL,
I REQUESTED MONIES (£228) FROM PAYPAL AND ON THE DAY THEY WERE TO CREDIT MY BANK ACCOUNT THEY FROZE MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT

1) CAN THEY DO THIS?
2) HOW LONG CAN THEY DO THIS?
3) WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING?

ALL ADVICE APPRECIATED

THANKS

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

Why did they freeze your account?

well that's a bit inconvenient.

Original Poster

I HAVNT GOT A CLUE THEY DID REQUST PHOTO I.D. AND BANK STATEMENT WHICH I HAVE SENT TO THEM THE SAME DAY THEY FROZE MY ACCOUNT ON 28/07/10 AFTER THAT I HAVE EMAILED THEM AND RUNG THEM BUT THEY JUST FOB U OFF

Banned

that's paypal for you, a mate of mine had his frozen a couple of years ago with 16k in, took 8 months to get it fixed.

Original Poster

DaveLister

that's paypal for you, a mate of mine had his frozen a couple of years … that's paypal for you, a mate of mine had his frozen a couple of years ago with 16k in, took 8 months to get it fixed.

16K IS SERIOUS FUNDS I ONLY REQUSTED MY LITTLE 228 POUNDS FROM EM AND THAT WAS FOR SOME STUFF I SOLD ON EBAY

its going to be bumpy road from now on. They will ask all sort of stuff but wont release your money. They have right to hold your money for 6 months (according to them).

Just go through the link i gave you, will find proper help there.

G luck

Original Poster

SOON AS I GET MY MONEY THE FIRST THING IL DO IS TO CLOSE PAYPAL EVEN IF IT COSTS TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT

Best thing to do is wait,if its a new paypal account or the first time you have withdrew a large sum of money this is normal for them to protect themselves. Out of interest was it something you sold on ebay?
Also when they sort it out for you use some of the funds to get a keyboard that works without the CAPS LOCK on all the time.......lol

Is your account verified? Perhaps they requested the I.D etc to verify who you are?
(and your caps lock button seems to be stuck on)

Original Poster

shybeauty

its going to be bumpy road from now on. They will ask all sort of stuff … its going to be bumpy road from now on. They will ask all sort of stuff but wont release your money. They have right to hold your money for 6 months (according to them).Just go through the link i gave you, will find proper help there.G luck

THANKS FOR THE LINK

Original Poster

tara1082

Best thing to do is wait,if its a new paypal account or the first time … Best thing to do is wait,if its a new paypal account or the first time you have withdrew a large sum of money this is normal for them to protect themselves. Out of interest was it something you sold on ebay?Also when they sort it out for you use some of the funds to get a keyboard that works without the CAPS LOCK on all the time.......lol

but i wont pay for it using paypal thanks

Original Poster

Goonieman

Is your account verified? Perhaps they requested the I.D etc to verify … Is your account verified? Perhaps they requested the I.D etc to verify who you are?(and your caps lock button seems to be stuck on)

apologies for the caps lock

Banned

froze mine a few years back with £800 in it. Had to wait 180 days to withdraw it as I couldnt provide evidence of purchase of the items I sold on ebay (my dvd collection!).

Never hold a paypal balance!

Banned

abdullah1

16K IS SERIOUS FUNDS I ONLY REQUSTED MY LITTLE 228 POUNDS FROM EM AND … 16K IS SERIOUS FUNDS I ONLY REQUSTED MY LITTLE 228 POUNDS FROM EM AND THAT WAS FOR SOME STUFF I SOLD ON EBAY

his was from ddos protected hosting, had regular monthly payments going to and from his paypal for a year or so before they randomly froze it with no explanation

Banned

1) CAN THEY DO THIS?
yes
2) HOW LONG CAN THEY DO THIS?
180 days
3) WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING?
do what they ask
You say you rang them and they just fob you off, what exactly did they say.

abdullah1

SOON AS I GET MY MONEY THE FIRST THING IL DO IS TO CLOSE PAYPAL EVEN IF … SOON AS I GET MY MONEY THE FIRST THING IL DO IS TO CLOSE PAYPAL EVEN IF IT COSTS TO CLOSE THE ACCOUNT

they will close your account anyway... thats what they do most of the time.

Original Poster

thanks everyone account has now been restored

good to hear that, just make sure u withdraw your money asap once it reaches £50. dont leave your money in pp.

Original Poster

shybeauty

good to hear that, just make sure u withdraw your money asap once it … good to hear that, just make sure u withdraw your money asap once it reaches £50. dont leave your money in pp.

thanks for the advice but after ringing them everyday after supplying them the info. they required did the trick but i was told that the enquiry is being done by the OMAHA office in the states . that worried me bcoz why are the yanks so keen to enquire £228?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247656
    2. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21128
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769544
    4. Exploding Paw Patrol foam soap Leaves child in ICU11

See more discussions