Groups

Advice on pc connection prob please

Hi, hopefully someone out there has got a bit of advice. My son (with the help of a "I know everything about computers" type of friend) decided to upgrade his pc from windows xp home to windows xp professional and since then he can't connect to the internet properly. Every now and again it connects up but only for a minute or so at a time. If anyone has an idea of what could be wrong I'd be grateful for any help, thanks x

4 Comments

Is it wireless or ADSL connection?

If it is ADSL then you might have to switch off or disable the LAN connection.

Original Poster

Thanks predi, it's wireless connection (network adapter)

I'm not on wireless myself, but check the connection properties and make sure it is not switching itself off after x amount of minutes.

This might help
    msgboard.snopes.com/cgi…p=1

Bring up the console and run ipconfig, What results do you get (for the wireless adapter if there are more than one set)?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767307
      2. word survey1014
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1730
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7171349

See more discussions