Found 25th Apr 2009
Ive recently bought a brand new buggy from a company online and paid close to £100 for it. When I received it there is a 1cm rip in one of the foam handles, i know thats not much but when you buy new you expect it to be perfect. I contacted the company and they said they would send me a piece of foam so I could take the original foam off the handle and would have to replace it myself and cut to size etc... Itold them that i shouldnt be expected to do this and that i'd like another buggy or them to repaire this and send it back to me. and they said that i wolud have to pay the return costs myself. Can anyone tell me where I stand with this???

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

long distance selling regulations state you can send anything back within 7 days so just send it back.

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;5031047

long distance selling regulations state you can send anything back within … long distance selling regulations state you can send anything back within 7 days so just send it back.

At whose cost?

mumofthree;5031052

At whose cost?

depends on the company. For example Littlewoods i believe have no delivery charge (correct me if wrong) and they have free returns...however others will mean you will not get refunded the the delivery either way.

However id also fight that its not fit for purpose as the handle is already ripped and thus wont last as long as it should, therefore broken the sale of goods act...

Original Poster

awoodhall2003;5031067

depends on the company. For example Littlewoods i believe have no … depends on the company. For example Littlewoods i believe have no delivery charge (correct me if wrong) and they have free returns...however others will mean you will not get refunded the the delivery either way.However id also fight that its not fit for purpose as the handle is already ripped and thus wont last as long as it should, therefore broken the sale of goods act...

This is exactly what I thought, but they told me. "Theres nothing wrong with the buggy, it's still useable"

I think their attitude was, that the handles are not important!!!!

Original Poster

Will definatly not use the company again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Handle is Ripped > Handle is required to use the buggy comfortably and safely as intended. ergo the product is not as advertised.
their responsibility to either take it back or send you the correct replacement part.

but to be perfectly honest i would just take the replacement foam and do it yourself, much less hassle.

what was the company?

so everyone has fair warning lol

Original Poster

Am I allowed to say?????

yes so we all know, share your info.

mumofthree;5032136

Am I allowed to say?????

You are are allowed to say the name of the company, you are not defaming them in any way, simply telling us all your true experience with them. Good for everyone and strengthens your case in trying to get a satisfactory response from them! Bad publicity generated by poor customer service may be the only thing that motivates some companies to play fair:x

Original Poster

Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Which wall design do you like best?45
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet35119
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247678
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769651

See more discussions