Advice on selling an iPhone?

Found 23rd Oct 2017
Hi, just want some advice on the best way to go about selling an iPhone 8? Boyfriend has to sell his phone today to pay for unexpected bills..... we've looked st CeX which looks the quickest way to get cash for it? Any advice would be welcome we've never had to sell anything like this before! Thanks
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
I dont know how cex is for buying phones, but i know a few years ago cash generator knew by the imei number what network the phone was on and phoned the network to check if the phone is on contract. If it was confirmed it was on contract they wouldnt buy it.

Its quite difficult to sell new phones these days as too many insurance scams on them.
Yes, as above don’t forget any phone still in its first 6 months of contract is still property of the phone provider
Cex would be the quickest way to get cash, and they will tell u on the spot if they will buy it or not. They will do all the checks while u are there
I always use CeX. No worries about anything to do with the phone once you’ve sold it etc. Only prob is less money but I think it’s worth the less hassle
There's always Gumtree as well if you want to get a bit more for it, but you have the hassle of people messing you around.
Original Poster
Thanks for your replies. It's not on contract so it's ok to sell on.
We took it to CEX but sadly because it has a small scratch on the screen they reduced the priceand only offered £180 unless the screen is replaced so he's going to keep it.
Edited by: "xx_dyer_xx" 23rd Oct 2017
How scratched is it? The lowest offer they have for an unlocked iPhone 8 in C condition is £427
Have a look at game they seem to give better prices on iPhones. And make sure he puts a case and screen protector on his next one for a few quid he could have received much more fir it as grade a or b especially on a new phone.
Original Poster
Cakeboy792 h, 6 m ago

How scratched is it? The lowest offer they have for an unlocked iPhone 8 …How scratched is it? The lowest offer they have for an unlocked iPhone 8 in C condition is £427

it has one scratch across the front of the screen and they offered £150 I think it was possibly £180, I can't remember the exact as we went to so many places yesterday and got so many prices but it was ridiculously low so he's decided to keep it!
eslick20 m ago

Have a look at game they seem to give better prices on iPhones. And make …Have a look at game they seem to give better prices on iPhones. And make sure he puts a case and screen protector on his next one for a few quid he could have received much more fir it as grade a or b especially on a new phone.

I've already had a moan about the screen protector and case 🤣 It's the first thing I do with a new phone, lost too many screens in the past without one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions