Advice on selling bike

Found 18th Nov 2017
Hi everyone
I am looking to sell a road bike that’s pretty much good as new but I don’t want to sell on eBay. I. Was thinking of packaging everything I have (bike related) I.e Taxx trainer, clothing, onboard computer etc but want to know the best way to sell. In total it’s about £1500 worth of gear including the bike(cannon dale 59” road bike) , I would like advice on a selling price also, is £400 too cheap or much. Thank u in advice for all advice
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
£400 is way too much, you'll probably have to give it away.

I'll tell you what, I'll do you a favour and give you £100 for it all.
Edited by: "Darzen" 18th Nov 2017
I'd leave the clothing out of the sale as it might put some peeps off or just be the wrong size. Not knowing much about bikes its difficult to price but £400 might be a bit cheap. You could put it on a buy-it-now at say £800 with offers and see how that goes with a view to lowering after a few days if no interest. Look out for the ebay offers when you can sell for £3 or £1 even which will save you a large amount in fees.
Original Poster
The bike cost £900 and taxx trainer about 170 plus all the extras
Price depends on what the bike is and what components are fitted.

the gears/shifters will have a name on them sora/tiagra/105/ultegra etc

disc brakes or pads?

Did you pay list price?

which version of trainer?
I'd have a look at past prices both that bike model and the trainer reached on eBay as this will give you a good idea of the market value in comparison to age/condition - the rest of the stuff is a nice to have but won't really increase the value much, just sweeten the sale. Facebook marketplace / groups tend to be good for finding buyers who are into specific hobbies - there's bound to be a few cycling ones, but also there's a UK Outdoor gear selling/buying group that I use.
Post a comment

Top Discussions