Groups

advice on sending mobile phone to buyer on ebay

Hi my sister was selling a phone on ebay and and someone asked if she would end early, i told her if they paid to her paypal acc to do it so it would save on fees etc..

just wondering if this is safe as payment has been made to her acc and theres a note with the address to post too, the seller has over 300 feedbacks and sits on 100%

shes going to send it special delivery

this all safe?

thanks

17 Comments

well if anything goes wrong you wont be able to leave feedback will you?

Original Poster

whatsThePoint

Is the feedback recent

yes it is, hes not long sold a phone himself, also his address isnt comfirmed like normal, am i still covered in case he says it didnt turn up etc.. will be sent special delivery with tracking

Original Poster

anyone?

Take a note of the IMEI number in case they claim it's faulty and send back a broken one or a fake.

If you don't get it back, at least it could then be bricked.
    Edited by: "DragonChris" 25th Oct 2010

Was the payment sent to her as a 'gift'

Original Poster

munnski

Was the payment sent to her as a 'gift'

no it wasnt

I just don't like transactions out of ebay, all feels a bit dodgy to me. Not sure of the ins and outs any other way sorry

And if the person who buys it from her tells ebay his card details were stolen? She could get the money reversed, tracking no or no tracking no ( someone correct me if I am wrong here )
    Edited by: "munnski" 25th Oct 2010

Original Poster

anyone else with some advice on this

It is against Ebay rules to end early even if the item is paid for by paypal.
    you are not covered

Banned

item number

Banned

Ebay doesnt cover you but Paypal covers most transctions. If you go on the transaction it says if it safe to post.

The only thing I should say is, buyers always seem to get more protection. I got done once, the buyer claimed they hadn't got the item but I got the item signed for. Even after giving Payal a tracking number so they can check the signature, they choose to give the buyer a refund. Luckily I was bailed out by Royal Mail with my sneaky plan (All legit before you ask :)).
    Edited by: "speedy1477" 25th Oct 2010

Original Poster

speedy1477

Ebay doesnt cover you but Paypal covers most transctions. If you go on … Ebay doesnt cover you but Paypal covers most transctions. If you go on the transaction it says if it safe to post.The only thing I should say is, buyers always seem to get more protection. I got done once, the buyer claimed they hadn't got the item but I got the item signed for. Even after giving Payal a tracking number so they can check the signature, they choose to give the buyer a refund. Luckily I was bailed out by Royal Mail with my sneaky plan (All legit though :)).

yeh i had a problem before and once i gave paypal the tracking number they could see it was signed for etc.. will take a pic of the imei num and keep hold of the tracking number

thanks

call paypal, ask them if the transaction was a gift and paid by credit card, they can claim for a charge back if its been paid by credit card.

Original Poster

i checked and the seller has their own mobile phone shop etc. its for blackberrys, seems legit

I sold my last 2 phones the same way. I didn't have no bother. It also saves you paying ten percent eBay fees. Go for it, just check their feedback first. :-)

Also I'd only send to the uk!!!!

Banned

If you are unsure then ask if you refund could they pay by bank transfer (or western union - but thats likely to set their alarm bells ringing!).
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64522
      2. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133
      3. Win A Galaxy Note 8 With Caseology & AndroidHeadlines *** ENDS TODAY ***22
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55

See more discussions