Groups

Advice on trading in an Xbox 360 please.

Our 360 has the rrod. It's the 2nd time now and I think it's just out of warranty. Can I trade it in somewhere for a new one? Or do all places only accept working 360's?

11 Comments

Didn't you sort this last time?

Original Poster

No, it was still in warranty and MS said they'd send the delivery stickers to return the 360 to them. I thought they were going to post them but they emailed them to an address not frequently used. So they are out of date now and I think the warranty has expired too. I have emailed them telling them tis as I cannot face another phone call with time delay and language difficulties! BF just wants to buy a new one

i doubt shops will accpect non-working consoles, as they cannot sell them on.
    Looks like you will either need to give MS another call or just buy a new console.

scabbers;7218649

No, it was still in warranty and MS said they'd send the delivery … No, it was still in warranty and MS said they'd send the delivery stickers to return the 360 to them. I thought they were going to post them but they emailed them to an address not frequently used. So they are out of date now and I think the warranty has expired too. I have emailed them telling them tis as I cannot face another phone call with time delay and language difficulties! BF just wants to buy a new one

Just phone them no where is going to trade you an old one in.

if the console is less than 3yrs old MS will repair for free

scabbers;7218649

No, it was still in warranty and MS said they'd send the delivery … No, it was still in warranty and MS said they'd send the delivery stickers to return the 360 to them. I thought they were going to post them but they emailed them to an address not frequently used. So they are out of date now and I think the warranty has expired too. I have emailed them telling them tis as I cannot face another phone call with time delay and language difficulties! BF just wants to buy a new one

They would know that the console was RROD before the warranty had expired, just explain that you didn't receive the e-mail due to the reasons you stated in this thread.

thesaint;7218732

They would know that the console was RROD before the warranty had … They would know that the console was RROD before the warranty had expired, just explain that you didn't receive the e-mail due to the reasons you stated in this thread.

+1 I did this recently for the same reasons as you, and they just redone it for me

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;7218845

+1 I did this recently for the same reasons as you, and they just redone … +1 I did this recently for the same reasons as you, and they just redone it for me

Cheers for encouraging me to do that. Just spent a frustrating 20 mins on phone but they're posting the labels and it'll get repaired for free!

scabbers;7220324

Cheers for encouraging me to do that. Just spent a frustrating 20 mins on … Cheers for encouraging me to do that. Just spent a frustrating 20 mins on phone but they're posting the labels and it'll get repaired for free!

your welcome, and i was frustrated too, especially when they tried to go thou the colour of the power supply questions etc, i just said i already boxed it up from the last time, so i cant remember but it is def the 360 that was broke lol
    I just did not get round to doing mine for 6 weeks after first sorting it, then from the day i rang them, i rang UPS the same day they picked up the same day and i had the 360 back 5 working days later

scabbers;7220324

Cheers for encouraging me to do that. Just spent a frustrating 20 mins on … Cheers for encouraging me to do that. Just spent a frustrating 20 mins on phone but they're posting the labels and it'll get repaired for free!

Sure I suggested it, never mind.

Original Poster

thesaint;7226516

Sure I suggested it, never mind.

I meant thanks to all on this thread :thumbsup: UPS collected TODAY!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions