Advice on which carpet shampooer to buy ?

21 replies
Found 22nd Jan 2009
seeing as its nearly valentines day i thought i might treat our lass to a new carpet cleaner ... but which one would be best ? i have seen the vax all terrain on amazon for £161 with 6 year warranty but am i better off with a bissell with only one year warranty , i dont mind pushing the boat out and treating her to one with attachments so she finds it easier cleaning my car ...

21 Comments

aahhhhh and they say romance is dead..

What a catch - she must be so proud

Original Poster

i am only kidding ... if anything she will have me cleaning her car !

I've got a bissel...dont ask what model, just a bissel and it's good enough for me. never tried a vax so cant comment on them. It is a very noisy machine mind.

Bissel are very good and they do refurbs on their site at good prices and machines are as new

bisselldirect.co.uk/pro…ned

great idea.. wish i'd thought of that.
we had a bissell and it had to go to the tip after two uses!!
P.S. this is my first post on my favourite site... ever

personally i would recommend a polti steamer-we have a vax and it was expensive used once then the next time we got it out it blew...rubbish imo
The polti is donkeys years old and my friend borrowed it a few weeks ago as her cleaner broke-she did carpets, mattresses and tiles-fell for it. You can get them reasonable now and they clean everything almost-my partner does the oven with it! well worth a look?

I wouldn't spoil her to be honest.

Instead, get her a broom, mop and bucket. Like most birds she should be grateful you're giving her the chance to get some exercise!!

Rug Doctor, fab!

karaokecolin;4154573

I wouldn't spoil her to be honest.Instead, get her a broom, mop and … I wouldn't spoil her to be honest.Instead, get her a broom, mop and bucket. Like most birds she should be grateful you're giving her the chance to get some exercise!!

Are you Andy Capp?

Original Poster

karaokecolin;4154573

I wouldn't spoil her to be honest.Instead, get her a broom, mop and … I wouldn't spoil her to be honest.Instead, get her a broom, mop and bucket. Like most birds she should be grateful you're giving her the chance to get some exercise!!

:thumbsup:

i have the vax not bad but about looking to hire the industrial ones ive been told this are better and you only need to do it once a year

Original Poster

louloo;4154557

personally i would recommend a polti steamer-we have a vax and it was … personally i would recommend a polti steamer-we have a vax and it was expensive used once then the next time we got it out it blew...rubbish imoThe polti is donkeys years old and my friend borrowed it a few weeks ago as her cleaner broke-she did carpets, mattresses and tiles-fell for it. You can get them reasonable now and they clean everything almost-my partner does the oven with it! well worth a look?

never heard of this product , i will google , thanks

Original Poster

ttwcd;4154653

i have the vax not bad but about looking to hire the industrial ones ive … i have the vax not bad but about looking to hire the industrial ones ive been told this are better and you only need to do it once a year

once a year ? not with my lot

shop-com.co.uk/Pol…309

this is like ours-but there is a cheaper alternative.

deals4u.co.uk/pro…559

This is the best price i can see for this. I believe they used to be v expensive. I reckon there are a lot of uses to these rather than just cleaning carpets.
The steamer is easy to use for the Mrs too!! lol

i know same here slurping drinks everywhere, walking in dirt (and you know what) and thats just the animals dont start me of on the oh and kids lol

Original Poster

louloo;4154707

http://www.shop-com.co.uk/Polti_Vaporetto_Sprint_Steam_Cleaner-130918111-159567300-p!.shtml?sourceid=309this is like ours-but there is a cheaper alternative.http://www.deals4u.co.uk/product.asp?id=3559 This is the best price i can see for this. I believe they used to be v expensive. I reckon there are a lot of uses to these rather than just cleaning carpets.The steamer is easy to use for the Mrs too!! lol

you doing a lot of legwork for me thanks .. you just like my mrs :whistling:

Banned

DAMNOME;4154540

Bissel are very good and they do refurbs on their site at good prices and … Bissel are very good and they do refurbs on their site at good prices and machines are as newhttp://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/products/reconditioned

I got a Bissell (all rounder I think) as a refurb. Excellent machine, cleans and hoovers, paid around £67 for it.

This is the one ]http//ww…085 EDIT, Its there for £99, well worth it

Keep an eye on the refurb section, always bargains coming and going

i have a Bissell 'Big Green Machine' and it is brilliant. carpets come up like new - and with 3 kids under 4 years old and messy plasterer in the house, thats quite a feat.

seriously though, you are getting her a proper present too arent you? you'd have to run and hide if you were my man and you got me this for valentines day!

Original Poster

3lovelybabas;4154868

i have a Bissell 'Big Green Machine' and it is brilliant. carpets come up … i have a Bissell 'Big Green Machine' and it is brilliant. carpets come up like new - and with 3 kids under 4 years old and messy plasterer in the house, thats quite a feat.seriously though, you are getting her a proper present too arent you? you'd have to run and hide if you were my man and you got me this for valentines day!

barcelona for 3 nights this year , different city each year , dont know whether its a romantic break or just an escape from kids with beer thrown in :-D

Original Poster

hankmarvin4;4154831

I got a Bissell (all rounder I think) as a refurb. Excellent machine, … I got a Bissell (all rounder I think) as a refurb. Excellent machine, cleans and hoovers, paid around £67 for it.This is the one ]http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/product/1085 EDIT, Its there for £99, well worth itKeep an eye on the refurb section, always bargains coming and going

many thanks for great link:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…18216628
    2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread427414633
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247565
    4. Monzo - weighing up how to pass on foreign ATM fees1426

See more discussions