Groups

Advice on wrong delivery...

Hi i Need Some Advice About My dellivery I had today from My catalogue which i signed for on delivery which was surpose to be a mobile phone, after the delivert guy left i opend the package and all that was inside was a memory card which i did not ordered and the advice note also, which was for mobile phone priced at £123 the package was sealed , i phoned the catalogue right away and she said wait till 6.30pm tonight to see if it comes, but it never did so i emailed and phoned them again from a friends phone which lasted 45 minutes and out of those 45 mins i was on hold twice for a total of 40 mins, then got cut off, i could not call back as its not my phone and had already use 45 mins of my friends phone to a prem phone munber, and they never phoned me back. basicly she said i must of recived the phone to have signed for it but i did not know what was inside untill i opened it and by that time the delivery guy had gone,

so what im asking is how can i prove that i did not recive the phone??? and surely they must have away off checking there stock of phones, check imei numbers etc??
    some sort of trcking of items??
    worst of all its a birthday gift which is on saturday?
    were do i stand in all of this??

13 Comments

Just return it,saying wrong goods received,it happens all the time,happened to me a few times at Tesco Direct being sent worng items.
    I guess buy the item for a gift elsewhere,or try reorder,don't home shopping catalogues have like next day delivery,would it be available on this item or did you order ages ago etc

catalogues are normally quite good,ive had things missin in parcels before that it said wre ther and they just ent out a new one.which catalogue is it?

ohhh dunno hunni, could you not tell it was light? sure;y a phone would be boxed etc, was the envelope big enough for a phone in a box.... i'm thinking i would of guessed from parcel size?? Was there away it could of been tampered with or opened and something removed?

Original Poster

superskilly;6388437

ohhh dunno hunni, could you not tell it was light? sure;y a phone would be … ohhh dunno hunni, could you not tell it was light? sure;y a phone would be boxed etc, was the envelope big enough for a phone in a box.... i'm thinking i would of guessed from parcel size?? Was there away it could of been tampered with or opened and something removed?

i did not know it was the was surpose to be the phone as im aslo waiting on a small modem,
    plus i was still half a sleep this morning:-D when t came,
    also the phone should of been here yesterday,
    its form littlewoods catalogue,

just use the returns and send it back as wrong item and reorder if you still want from them.

maxmax;6388500

i did not know it was the was surpose to be the phone as im aslo waiting … i did not know it was the was surpose to be the phone as im aslo waiting on a small modem,plus i was still half a sleep this morning:-D when t came,also the phone should of been here yesterday,its form littlewoods catalogue,

So the package you signed for,was it a mail sack with a box inside which just contained a memory card,or was it a flat jiffy with the memory card in it?

Original Poster

i think i will reorder so i get it b4 saturday hopefully,
    just double checked the bag it all seems and not been tampered with, only cut is were i cut along the line to open,
    and i will send the memory card back priced @ £123 lmao
    thanks guys for advice.

Original Poster

grabbit;6388550

So the package you signed for,was it a mail sack with a box inside which … So the package you signed for,was it a mail sack with a box inside which just contained a memory card,or was it a flat jiffy with the memory card in it?

it was a medium side lack bag and inside a smaller bag like charlcol colour and inside that was the merory card in solid clear platic which ya need to cut to open, which ive not done.

maxmax;6388580

it was a medium side lack bag and inside a smaller bag like charlcol … it was a medium side lack bag and inside a smaller bag like charlcol colour and inside that was the merory card in solid clear platic which ya need to cut to open, which ive not done.

So it was a flat package?

Original Poster

grabbit;6388592

So it was a flat package?

ya but as i said its the same size of a ambit 250 modem which im also waiting for which also is small and not heavy, plus i did not know it was from littlewoods untill i got inside and opened it half a sleep:?:

I ordered some clothes from a catologue over 3 years ago now.A few tops and a pair of shoes.I got all of the items except a couple of tops(the cheapest items I ordered).I assumed that they would be coming shortly after untill I got a bill for all the items.I phoned them and told them I didn't get them and they said they would look into it.the delivery driver said they placed the parcel in my shed.I asked them how he could have done this since my shed in located to the rear of my house and the only access to it is through the house.I paid for the items that I did receive and ever since I have been getting threatening letters saying that are going to take me to court to recover the costs.I am not paying for items I did not receive and will gladly go to court.

The courier will have a record of the weight of the package which will prove it wasnt heavy enough to be a mobile phone,:thumbsup:

Original Poster

[CENTER]

tonyg1962;6389994

The courier will have a record of the weight of the package which will … The courier will have a record of the weight of the package which will prove it wasnt heavy enough to be a mobile phone,:thumbsup:

Cheers for that,:thumbsup:
    they phoned me back and said that they have orded a new phone for me and a return pick up for the wrong item and said they will look into the missing phone, but stiil added to my bill so far, so when they pick up wrong item then i will check again to see if they have taken the price off for the phone,, if they say i have to pay for it ,i also will take them to court no problemo:thumbsup:.
    But when ya thing of it if ya sign fo something that is sealed and can not see inside and you open it up and its not what you think it is by that time the delivery guy is gone....
    from now on i will make him wait till i open and check first then sign for it.
    thanks all for ya advice:thumbsup:[/CENTER]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3911
      4. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11

See more discussions