Advice or any link of a megathread to travel cheaply?

Posted 26th Mar
I'm thinking to go to Vaasa, Finland this August (hoping Coronavirus will be long gone by then). Any megathread on how to travel there as cheaply as possible? A link of any previous thread would be nice, and any advice is very much appreciated. I don't mind travelling slowly, as I want to travel other countries too. Mant thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Maybe try August 2021 for your trip overseas instead. As others have said above this isn't the time to be planning a holiday and looking for deals. We've got no idea what airlines, travel operators, or hotels might go under because of this.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 26th Mar
11 Comments
Not been funny but this isn’t the main importance right now
You won't be allowed to travel by August. But to answer your question, try rome2rio.com, or their app.
Maybe try August 2021 for your trip overseas instead. As others have said above this isn't the time to be planning a holiday and looking for deals. We've got no idea what airlines, travel operators, or hotels might go under because of this.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 26th Mar
Swear at a policeman, free ride to the nick !
i don't think this thing is going to be over any time soon and although restrictions may be less by the summer, there still will be restrictions in place, particularly cross border travels. people won't want the virus to come into their countries even if the spread is not as bad by the summer.

it will be at least 2 years before we can even envisage life going back to any sort of normal.
No chance in August. I’ve got a holiday booked for Oct that I’m not counting on going ahead.
Zero chance in UK, they are way behind other countries. When other countries go back to normal at least you will get an idea.
winzzz26/03/2020 14:05

No chance in August. I’ve got a holiday booked for Oct that I’m not cou …No chance in August. I’ve got a holiday booked for Oct that I’m not counting on going ahead.

Same here, I doubt we will be going either.... Costa Del Home it might be!
mutley126/03/2020 13:26

it will be at least 2 years before we can even envisage life going back to …it will be at least 2 years before we can even envisage life going back to any sort of normal.

Can you please delete your comment? My heart can't take much anxiety
MadeDixonsCry26/03/2020 15:32

Can you please delete your comment? My heart can't take much anxiety …Can you please delete your comment? My heart can't take much anxiety

i wish i could as i am feeling very depressed about the whole thing, but if you look at the information out there this is the current situation.

a vaccine is not expected for at least 18 months, and even when it is available, mass vacination may be a logistic difficulty. even with everyone immunised, there will still be deaths as people who get flu jabs only have a 60% protection, which means 40% of the people who get the flu jab, still gets the flu so the vaccine won't have 100% protection even when it does become available.

so that only leaves 6 months to my 2 year estimate. 6 months is not a long time for the vaccine to be given to everyone in the uk and for it to have time to work, and for everyone who is already sick and too late for the vaccine to help them to get medical treatment and recover, and i dread to even think about the economy, as to what sort of economy is going to be there this time next year with the huge government debt, which is forever growing and the companies shutting down as they run out of funds or business no longer becomes viable.

there are countries around the world who are behind europe in terms of the disease and when the disease takes hold there, the impact will ripple back to here in terms of movement resrictions and the global economy.

i am a doom and gloom person and i honestly hope that my estimate is wrong and that we will all be fine again well before the 2 years is over, but this is why i am feeling very down about it as in my mind we are in this mess for a long time to come.
mutley126/03/2020 15:57

i wish i could as i am feeling very depressed about the whole thing, but …i wish i could as i am feeling very depressed about the whole thing, but if you look at the information out there this is the current situation.a vaccine is not expected for at least 18 months, and even when it is available, mass vacination may be a logistic difficulty. even with everyone immunised, there will still be deaths as people who get flu jabs only have a 60% protection, which means 40% of the people who get the flu jab, still gets the flu so the vaccine won't have 100% protection even when it does become available.so that only leaves 6 months to my 2 year estimate. 6 months is not a long time for the vaccine to be given to everyone in the uk and for it to have time to work, and for everyone who is already sick and too late for the vaccine to help them to get medical treatment and recover, and i dread to even think about the economy, as to what sort of economy is going to be there this time next year with the huge government debt, which is forever growing and the companies shutting down as they run out of funds or business no longer becomes viable.there are countries around the world who are behind europe in terms of the disease and when the disease takes hold there, the impact will ripple back to here in terms of movement resrictions and the global economy.i am a doom and gloom person and i honestly hope that my estimate is wrong and that we will all be fine again well before the 2 years is over, but this is why i am feeling very down about it as in my mind we are in this mess for a long time to come.

i'm just about convinced my Christmas in the sun has gone also.

Try to keep your chin up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants