advice picking tv

Edited by:"leitchyleck"Found 12th Sep 2017
hi, my 10yr old 42" panasonic plasma is dying, it's been a good tv with briliant pq.

shoud i take the plunge on the 55" LGc7 @ currys for 2k or a low entry Panasonic UHD for £800?

Feeding it with skyq.

i saw both together in showroom and the OLED looked a wee bit better but could this justify the extra £1200?

was looking at this also:…199

anyone got this model?

thx for any feedback.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
  1. Ask
I'm in the same boat except looking at a 49-50" tv. Been in store and the OLED TVs look awesome but I couldn't justify the money. I also looked at the LG with the Harmon Kardon stand, picture looked great but didn't think the sound was any better than any other tv.
The staff pointed me towards the Sony as they have the new Android platform, the picture was impressive but I didn't think they were much better than others at lower prices. In the end I think I have chosen the Panasonic, the picture looked great, the reviews are good and Joh Lewis will price match the £60 off offer from Co op. Saved enough to get a decent soundbar too

Panasonic 50EX700B LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV, 50" with Freeview Play, Slim Metallic Bezel & Switch Design Adjustable Stand, Silver, Ultra HD Certified
I don't really see the benifit on the 50in TVs unless you have a big room. I mean if you have to sit further away from them whats the point. Also the newest tech always cost the most, best to be behind the curve on things like this. That's why I never fell for the 3D, surround sound crap. Go for the best designed smaller one with the most features.
We would be sitting 3.5m away so need at least 50" if not a 55"
Post a comment

Top Discussions

Top Merchants