Advice please

Posted 29th Nov
Confused here ... need a laptop at £500 or so price point..generally for regular use .. no gaming just web browsing, youtube, videos and Netflix and the occasional office based use. Which is better Intel(it or i7) or Amd? (which version) Want a quick boot laptop
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Maybe a Chromebook and save yourself some money.
Got one .. want a "proper" laptop
Something with SSD (solid state drive)
Since windows loads itself from the hard drive, the faster it does it, the better
Thanks ... intel or AMD tho
The question you are repeatedly asking sounds like “should I go for a laptop with a blue or red sticker”...

Anyway. If I were you, I’d look for specs with at least 8gb ram and a recent generation i5.. Or maybe look for a 2017 used/refurbished MacBook Pro..
Intel are generally better imo. The brand new amds are good but they aren’t in the £500 price range
Personally I've preferred Intel over AMD for many years now. I think you need to consider other factors such screen size, RAM, weight and battery life if portability is important to you. You should be able to get a decent laptop for £500. It's the price point I buy at as well.

What about this one:

ao.com/pro…spx

£449 with code: BFLAPTOP50
Edited by: "DistortedVision" 29th Nov
This is a good deal for £399 hotukdeals.com/dea…280 you would normally only get 256GB storage at this price.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 29th Nov
MEDION AKOYA P6645 Core i5 8GB 1TB HDD 128GB SSD GeForce MX150 15.6" Win10 Home Laptop £500
This one with IPS screen. Disadv is relatively short battery life.

ebuyer.com/883…BwE

If you want to spend less, consider used Lenovo thinkpad on ebay.
You probably could find something with 6th gen i5, 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD for around £200
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions