Groups

advice please

going abroad in a week or so and got a few worries about my eldest son (5) he suffers bad hayfever, asthma and occasionally a bit of eczema! he has medicines prescribed for asthma/hayfever. do you think the nurse at my local gp's would mind if I made an appointment to have a chat with her about the holiday? we're going away for 2 weeks and I'm worried incase he gets bad over there.

11 Comments

I'd just book an appointment and explain when you get there.

they wouldn;t mind at all - that's part of the gp service

i would, and ask about the procedures in that country too

and take a list of what he has prescribed.

maybe a chemist may know this, and then you wouldn't have to wait for hours in the doctors waiting room.

aww sweetie, thats what your docs are for, make the appointment and describe your worries x x

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5663355

I'd just book an appointment and explain when you get there.

babybutton;5663357

they wouldn;t mind at all - that's part of the gp service

blackpeppa;5663361

i would, and ask about the procedures in that country tooand take a list … i would, and ask about the procedures in that country tooand take a list of what he has prescribed.maybe a chemist may know this, and then you wouldn't have to wait for hours in the doctors waiting room.

thanks, didn't want the nurse to think I was wasting an appointment. :roll: just want to get it clear in my mind what to do if he does get poorly over there and if theres any thing they can give me to take with us just incase.

I think I'll pop to boots the chemist for a chat tomorrow and see what they say. thanks xx

Aways got NHSdirect, they are always helpful.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5663383

aww sweetie, thats what your docs are for, make the appointment and … aww sweetie, thats what your docs are for, make the appointment and describe your worries x x

thanks, now none of you have said I'm being silly I won't feel so silly going to the docs! thanks everyone :-D xx

kirsty1981;5663394

thanks, now none of you have said I'm being silly I won't feel so silly … thanks, now none of you have said I'm being silly I won't feel so silly going to the docs! thanks everyone :-D xx

you're not being silly hon, you're concerned about your child, you're being a good Mum x x

ClarityofMind;5663398

you're not being silly hon, you're concerned about your child, you're … you're not being silly hon, you're concerned about your child, you're being a good Mum x x

+1

Try not to spend your whole holiday worrying about him too. If you're going somewhere warm, it'll probably help his conditions.

might also be worth a visit to a good health food shop, they have some great advice, tips and products for this sort of situation. worth a try.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764188
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…11
      3. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?88
      4. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831126

See more discussions