Groups

Advice please .....

We had a new kitchen fitted in August, including a fully integrated dishwasher. Two months down the line and the clip on the dishwasher door has broken, rendering the appliance unusable. A Baumatic engineer is coming next week to do whatever - don't know if he will fix it or replace it.
    My question is : will Baumatic be responsible for fitting a new dishwasher? Or, if they have to take it out to repair will they then re-fit it and put back the plinth under the units, making everything good? Am I right in thinking I shouldn't have to fork out any money for fitting appliances or putting things to right in the kitchen after they've done what they have to do?
    Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

9 Comments

do you have a warranty?

Original Poster

black gerbil1;6589376

do you have a warranty?

Of course, there is the guarantee that comes with all purchases. The fixing or replacing of the appliance will be covered by that. My question is regarding the work arising as a consequence of carrying out the repairs/replacement.

Have you anything at home in the handbook for instance where it says that what is covered?

Original Poster

the porter;6589504

If it's the baumatic bdi631 he will replace the plastic fitting in around … If it's the baumatic bdi631 he will replace the plastic fitting in around 10 mins it's easy don't worry

Wow!!!! You're good! Is this a known fault then?

It probably depends who supplied it to you. If you bought it direct from Baumatic or as an individual purchase (i.e. without the rest of the kitchen) then you will probably only get it repaired. The cost of refitting it wouldn't be covered by the warranty but you might be able to claim for consequential costs of refitting if you could prove that the dishwasher was faulty (or not "of merchantable quality") when you bought it. If it was bought as part of the kitchen then you should really go to whoever you bought it from rather than accepting the Baumatic warranty.

Your best bet would be to see whether Baumatic refit it for you. If they do, all well and good. If not, then a visit to your local Citizens Advice may be called for.

Original Poster

tony_s1;6589577

It probably depends who supplied it to you. If you bought it direct from … It probably depends who supplied it to you. If you bought it direct from Baumatic or as an individual purchase (i.e. without the rest of the kitchen) then you will probably only get it repaired. The cost of refitting it wouldn't be covered by the warranty but you might be able to claim for consequential costs of refitting if you could prove that the dishwasher was faulty (or not "of merchantable quality") when you bought it. If it was bought as part of the kitchen then you should really go to whoever you bought it from rather than accepting the Baumatic warranty.Your best bet would be to see whether Baumatic refit it for you. If they do, all well and good. If not, then a visit to your local Citizens Advice may be called for.

I bought it, along with other Baumatic appliances, from a local independent supplier. I rang them when it broke, as they are, I believe, who my contract is with. They just phoned up Baumatic for me to make an engineer's appointment.
    I was thinking a call to Trading Standards might be necessary if the worse comes to the worst. Hopefully I am just worrying unnecessarily.

shibi din;6589635

I bought it, along with other Baumatic appliances, from a local … I bought it, along with other Baumatic appliances, from a local independent supplier. I rang them when it broke, as they are, I believe, who my contract is with. They just phoned up Baumatic for me to make an engineer's appointment.I was thinking a call to Trading Standards might be necessary if the worse comes to the worst. Hopefully I am just worrying unnecessarily.

As the porter says, it is quite likely that the machine can be fixed quite simply so you should be OK. Fingers crossed!

Just hope they fix it and it does not keep on happening the shop should really have taken it back and replaced it in this short space of time.

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;6589441

Have you anything at home in the handbook for instance where it says that … Have you anything at home in the handbook for instance where it says that what is covered?

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look but it doesn't say anything really about re-fitting appliances or other bits relating to the re-fitting.

waterloo;6589796

Just hope they fix it and it does not keep on happening the shop should … Just hope they fix it and it does not keep on happening the shop should really have taken it back and replaced it in this short space of time.

That's what I was thinking. I'll let them fix it this time, but if it happens again I will definitely have something more to say about it (to them, not to you lot!!!). :-D

Thanks for the help everyone.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563837
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047197
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.33
      4. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News44

See more discussions