ADVICE PLEASE - CHARGED TWICE IN ASDA FOR SHOPPING.

Posted 25th Feb 2012
Good Afternoon All,
My partner was in Asda yesterday purchasing the shopping.
At the till she payed with her debit card and entered her pin number - she then removed the card and was told by the cashier she had removed the card too earlier and that the payment had not gone through.
So she repeated the process and thought all was ok.

We have today checked her online statements and there is a clear charge of the transaction for 2 occassions (basically it clearly shows payment twice)

She got a mini statement printed off from the cash machine as the bank was not open and she today went into the Asda branch and to the cashier who served her - she presented to the cashier the mini statement and explained the situation - the cashier then got the floor superviser to come down and between them they have advised her there is nothing they can do and that she needs to contact her bank..... they said "if you get no joy there then come back into store".

Now personally i think this is crazy and i want to know if this is correct or do i need to go into Asda and cause a major scene ?????
Community Updates
Misc
41 Comments
Just had the same problem in asda,i was told that i removed my card to early so had to put it in again,got home and the transaction has gone through twice,spoke to someone at asda and they have told me it will return to my bank within 3 working days,so annoyed its the weekend so that money will not be returned to the middle of next week.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants