Groups

Advice please.. cost of cutting down tree.

Tree cutting advice

13 Comments

Probably looking at £700-1000 depending on access, and if you want the waste disposed of.

My daughter had a 50ft Ash cut down last year finally got it done for £450 ! after lots of haggling !!! but we had get rid of all the branches etc ourselves to remove this would have been at least another £200 !!! gave the wood away to people with log burners, got in a chipper and made the rest into compost material took ages ! best of luck to you Xx

Expect a lot of money, seriously, it isn't cheap.

Environmental cost or financial? My advice, don't do it, we need all the lungs we can get. Have it lopped if there's a safety concern?

About £600 in South East (maybe more in London) including waste being taken away. But it does depend on access. If the waste has to be taken through your property then costs will be higher

Check with council that its not protected by a tree preservation order (TPO).

bubblegum2910

https://www.forestry.gov.uk/england-fellinglicences

Did you read your own link?

Most people felling don't need a licence and I expect the OP is asking about his own tree and not a random one.

You do not need a licence to fell trees in:
    a garden
    an orchard
    a churchyard
    a designated open space ( such as land registered under the Commons Act 1899, village greens, public parks and public gardens).......and so it goes on.

windym

Did you read your own link?Most people felling don't need a licence and I … Did you read your own link?Most people felling don't need a licence and I expect the OP is asking about his own tree and not a random one.You do not need a licence to fell trees in:a gardenan orcharda churchyarda designated open space ( such as land registered under the Commons Act 1899, village greens, public parks and public gardens).......and so it goes on.

Nope, I should have oO

The prices are about right (I had a large ash tree taken out last year and all wood taken away for £700) - but there should be some value in the Oak which you should get credit for - so hopefully cheaper or even no cost to you!! There is a low value for ash as it is a good burning wood - but oak is in demand for building and furniture.

Smaller branches will just be chipped but there should be a lot of interest in the main trunk - make sure you mention this to any tree surgeons who you ask for a quote as they forget to tell you this. The tree surgeon should know where to sell the Oak on to. Also depends upon the access - as the value of the oak increases in larger size pieces - so this needs to be got out of your property.
    Edited by: "Van1973" 15th Jun

Money don't grow on TREES, and be careful not to watch your money go up in smoke, by paying over the odds.

Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your advice. Will look into the advice especially the value aspect to oak.

You sure its 70ft? That's HUGE so it must be an ancient tree,

I'd be amazed if someone would cut that and dispose of it for £700 legally
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Family Spotify account21
      2. Legal advice22
      3. Washer Dryer44
      4. Samsung Galaxy S655

See more discussions