Groups

Advice please dylon machine dyes..........

I managed to splash bleach on my favourite jacket,the jacket is a khaki colour and its now got bleach spots on the shoulder.
    Was thinking of maybe dyeing it black as I love that jacket and dont want to end its life yet

Will I need to use the dylon colour stripped first to remove the khaki colour completely before i dye it black or can i just dye it black and the bleach spots wont show through?

Thanks for any help

10 Comments

Question 1 is, what is it made of exactly. If it's got any synthetics at all then the dye won't hold. I tried to make a black shirt when I was younger but it turnrd out grey. Still looked good though :lol:

Original Poster

65% cotton 35% nylon

That'll go grey, my shirt was 60/40. Nothing to lose if its already ruined though I suppose.

Original Poster

Shengis;3607737

That'll go grey, my shirt was 60/40. Nothing to lose if its already … That'll go grey, my shirt was 60/40. Nothing to lose if its already ruined though I suppose.

but i dont want it grey lol:oops:

Banned

if its had bleach on it, it wont cover it like it covers the rest

Original Poster

sassie;3607822

if its had bleach on it, it wont cover it like it covers the rest

thats what i thought but apparently dylon do a colour stripper that strips all colour out of the fabric,i wondered if that would strip it all out before dyeing a darker colour

I use the black machine wash to do my jeans when they have gone grey....excellent it is!

Original Poster

guess i will give it a go,go nothing to lose!

Lots of advice on here about dying fabrics using Dylon dye
    dylon.co.uk/hel…tml
    and you can also call them
    "If you're not sure whether a fabric is suitable for dyeing give our friendly experts a call on 01737 742020."

Banned

how about just spalshing it with bleach all over, maybe a new look
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions