Advice please for child friendly beach/pool holiday in May

5 replies
Found 31st Mar 2011
I am planning our families first sun/pool/beach holiday.
Thinking of going May half term, so want to be guarenteed (as much as is ever possible!) to have warm weather - temps around mid 20's would be perfect!
The kids will be age 6 and 2 in May.
I don't want the flight to be too long - starting point for me was Spain/Portugal. But anywhere considered
If anyone has been somewhere specific that was pleasant for adults but also great for kids please let me know.
I'd like full/half board so that I can get a week off cooking and somewhere that we don't need to hire a car or anything - can just arrive and start enjoying the pool/beach right from day 1.
Budget up to about £1500 including flights.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
:-)

5 Comments

we paid £1300 for 2 adults and 3 children to go to Tenerife in May. I can't tell you if its any good yet as never been before. But we booked direct with Thomsons as my children age are around your, 3,6 and 7. The place we are going to is a Thomsons family resort so has the childrens entertainment on early evening for them.

Wether is due to be about 28, I hope. today its 32, but then sunday is due to be 22. so not hot all the time.
Sorry not much help, worth having a look on the thomsons website though x

Just a thought, what date is your may half term? As our kids are back in school on the 3rd of May. We are off to Tenerife in the middle of May though for that price
Edited by: "beth3735" 31st Mar 2011

Original Poster

Great thanks for that, I'll check out the thomsons site. :-)
My son is off school on half term 30th May-3rd June.

beth3735

we paid £1300 for 2 adults and 3 children to go to Tenerife in May. I … we paid £1300 for 2 adults and 3 children to go to Tenerife in May. I can't tell you if its any good yet as never been before. But we booked direct with Thomsons as my children age are around your, 3,6 and 7. The place we are going to is a Thomsons family resort so has the childrens entertainment on early evening for them.Wether is due to be about 28, I hope. today its 32, but then sunday is due to be 22. so not hot all the time.Sorry not much help, worth having a look on the thomsons website though xJust a thought, what date is your may half term? As our kids are back in school on the 3rd of May. We are off to Tenerife in the middle of May though for that price

We went to a hotel called the Valentin Star in Menorca. Not sure if its in your budget but had the most child friendly pool I've seen.

H10 - Lanzarote Gardens in Costa Teguise, Lanzarote. The most child friendly hotel i have ever stayed at. Pointless going here without children.

We are taking our 3 yr old and 15m old on their first foreign holiday in May this year too. We chose to go All Inclusive at the Club Hotel Aguamarina in Menorca as didnt want a long flight for the first time we went abroad. We've paid just over £1000 for 7 nights, cant wait for May to come!!

The hotel advertises having the largest toddler area on the island and has direct access to the beach
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions