Groups

Advice please, getting currency in Marrakech?

I'mgoing to Marrkech in May and I've read that getting cash from cash machines over there isn't always that straight forward.

Can anyone with previous Marrakech holiday experience tell me how they went about getting their currency etc please?

Will rep the helpers!

9 Comments

Don't worry its fine
    When you arrive theres a cash machine in the airport (i thought there would be a huge q but it was just me and another passenger) get some cash there and then when you get to town there are banks and cash machines a plenty around the square.
    Have a great time if you want advice on restaurants just ask
    n

Get your money at the airport before you fly out, if they have them in stock. I used to work in a bureau de change at Gatwick. Every now and again they're out of stock, but more often than not they have ample amounts. I'm aware that it's a 'prohibited currency' and that some travel agents tell you that you can only get the currency out there, but you can get it in England.

Original Poster

ejmna1;8469442

Don't worry its fineWhen you arrive theres a cash machine in the airport … Don't worry its fineWhen you arrive theres a cash machine in the airport (i thought there would be a huge q but it was just me and another passenger) get some cash there and then when you get to town there are banks and cash machines a plenty around the square.Have a great time if you want advice on restaurants just askn

Thank you. I read somewhere that the atms are a bit tempremental, only give out large notes and they run out of money? Did you come across this?

Original Poster

timmeh9;8469643

Get your money at the airport before you fly out, if they have them in … Get your money at the airport before you fly out, if they have them in stock. I used to work in a bureau de change at Gatwick. Every now and again they're out of stock, but more often than not they have ample amounts. I'm aware that it's a 'prohibited currency' and that some travel agents tell you that you can only get the currency out there, but you can get it in England.

Aha, I thought you weren't allowed to bring currency into the country, you can only get it when you're over there?

We had no problems with currency at all i guess we took out the equivalent of £50 at a time, we didn't even try getting currency prior to going.

Original Poster

did you use atms at the weekend as well?

Went there year or two ago and did have a few isues using ATMs where it just wouldn't recognise any cards. There was a bank nearby though who were really helpful and spoke decent English etc, all worked out fine.

Happysteveo;8469854

Aha, I thought you weren't allowed to bring currency into the country, … Aha, I thought you weren't allowed to bring currency into the country, you can only get it when you're over there?

As long as you don't start flashing it around when you get to the airport, you should be fine. They aren't going to search you for it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks to everyone, rep left.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3721444
      2. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX22
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514151
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764604

See more discussions