Advice Please: Given the wrong perfume in Selfridges

Found 30th Aug 2017
Hi All,

i was in Selfridges on Friday buying a perfume gift for my girlfriend and spent at least 30mins with a lady deciding. I eventually picked Bulgari Jasmin Noir which she said would be £97. I went to think for 5 minutes in which time she went on a break.

I fianlly decided to buy it and her French colleague served me. To my surprise he told me it would be £79, he showed me the names matched and he was happy it was the same one as the black bottle we were looking at.

Its her birthday today and I was massively disappointed when she opened it and it was in a clear bottle, and turns out to be "Mon Jasmin Noir", a different one.

My question is, he gave me the wrong one. Its open now, and I want to return it and get the other (plus pay that bit more). Is there any reason they can refuse?

Many thanks for any help in advanced
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Well they could refuse if they do not believe your story - would you want to pay full price an open box perfume?
Just take it back for a refund. Should be fine if unused and the packaging isn't damaged

Changed your mind? Don’t worry: if for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you have 28 days to return your item(s), whether you purchased it in store or from the point you received or collected your online order. If the item is new and unused, with all the labels and tags intact, and in its original packaging, you’ll get a full refund
Edited by: "chocci" 31st Aug 2017
If my Mrs was massively disappointing in a £79 bottle of scented water I wouldn't be happy either.

Take it back for a refund as it is unused
£97 for a bottle of fragranced water? (scrambles to lookup on Google on how to make perfume).
deleted1597344
Take it back and get a refund.

Then buy it from Amazon and save a few quid. (If this is the one you mean) amazon.co.uk/Bvl…ESM
How is it that the names matched, but the bottles didn't. Seems a little strange.
chocci6 h, 41 m ago

Just take it back for a refund. Should be fine if unused and the packaging …Just take it back for a refund. Should be fine if unused and the packaging isn't damagedChanged your mind? Don’t worry: if for any reason you are not happy with your purchase, you have 28 days to return your item(s), whether you purchased it in store or from the point you received or collected your online order. If the item is new and unused, with all the labels and tags intact, and in its original packaging, you’ll get a full refund

They already stated they had opened it though.

One of them appears to be packed in a white box, the other in a black box...
Edited by: "moob" 31st Aug 2017
I used to work for a company that sold computers/electronics in the Selfridges stores. If the perfume (concession) store itself refuses to take it back, simply go to the Selfridges Customer Services counter. Back in the day they used to refund almost anything and usually without even consulting the mangers of the relevant concession first.
Edited by: "SUMMONER" 1st Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions