Groups

advice please - guitar accessories

thinking of buying this for daughter

is it any good or are there better alternatives out there

usb guitar interface
    link to maplins page below

thanks

8 Comments

I'm not sure you can but can't you plug the guitar straight into the pc (Mic) and use something like ]audacity to record it?

Original Poster

jtx;6609835

I'm not sure you can but can't you plug the guitar straight into the pc … I'm not sure you can but can't you plug the guitar straight into the pc (Mic) and use something like ]audacity to record it?

freebie one - is it any good jtx - dont know which one she is using -

i thought this one from maplins would have a lot more on it - only assuming this because you have to buy it

she wants cubase - but i am not paying the price for that

cheers hon

Is this for recording purposes? I use a Line6 Guitarport to connect my guitar to my PC.

Original Poster

Painkiller;6609921

Is this for recording purposes? I use a Line6 Guitarport to connect my … Is this for recording purposes? I use a Line6 Guitarport to connect my guitar to my PC.

yes pk
    - just googled this - mmm was looking for something around £50 ish mark

birthday prezzie - already got her another guitar - collection of 4 now

bought her a mixing deck a while ago but she prefers to go through her comp (if that makes sense)

holly100;6609876

is it any good jtx

It's pretty good but I suppose it depends what she is wanting to do with it. It's nowhere near as feature packed as cubase.

The one I bought was a 2nd hand version 1 for £50 before the price hike for the XT.

The Behringer Guitar Link UCG102 seems like it might be Behringers version of the GuitarPort - Behringer usually makes a version of all the Line6 Amp Modeling devices - don't forget to search around for better prices though - Maplin, as I'm sure you know, do tend to charge a premium.

Your inbox is full btw Holly.

Original Poster

Painkiller;6610183

The one I bought was a 2nd hand version 1 for £50 before the price hike … The one I bought was a 2nd hand version 1 for £50 before the price hike for the XT.The Behringer Guitar Link UCG102 seems like it might be Behringers version of the GuitarPort - Behringer usually makes a version of all the Line6 Amp Modeling devices - don't forget to search around for better prices though - Maplin, as I'm sure you know, do tend to charge a premium.Your inbox is full btw Holly.

thanks pk - sorted:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs1547
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767273
      3. Spotify Family Premium share614
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***317

See more discussions