Groups

Advice please on a gas BBQ

I need some advice please, this aint my bag really lol...

I am looking for a new gas BBQ, now i am not interested in a charcoal one, i already have one, the gas one is more for a quick cook in the garden, charcoal bbq's require a little more effort and planning.

so, anyways....

is this one any good??

argos.co.uk/sta…htm

It shows as 299.99 here, but i have been offered a new one for 150 quid delivered, exact same one....

Am i wasting my cash? am i better off getting something else?

Thanks for reading..

8 Comments

Banned

Size of cooking area (W)24.5, (D)15.5cm.

That cannot be right

this one is only £50 and looks like it will do the same job. No need to pay so much if its just for occasional use.

argos.co.uk/web…795

Banned

argos

2 Burner Gas BBQ with Side Burner.

345/0901

Original Poster

Thanks csiman,

I had a gas one similiar to this which had rusted, it was a similiar price to this so i am worried i am going to end up having to replace it again, the old 'Buy cheap, buy twice'.....

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, im still undecided, anyone else have any wisdom to share?

Banned

jayjayuk1234;8701915

Thanks csiman, I had a gas one similiar to this which had rusted, it was … Thanks csiman, I had a gas one similiar to this which had rusted, it was a similiar price to this so i am worried i am going to end up having to replace it again, the old 'Buy cheap, buy twice'.....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, im still undecided, anyone else have any wisdom to share?

I hear what you say. I put mine in the shed for the winter and keep a cover on it when not in use when kept outside in summer.

doesn't like Gas BBQ's... don't taste the same as burnt charcoal and firelighter...

Banned

It's not an amazing price tbh, you can get an AWT from Robert Dyas reduced from £299 to £129, no side burner but larger cooking area.

If you go onto homebase you can get more with your money especially as 10%off now online and instore this weekend. AWT stuff tends to be crap anyway.

Don't listen to anyone who says gas food tastes different, if you have a hood and lava raocks no-one can tell if it's come off our gas or charcol bbq......

Original Poster

Ok, thanks very much, i will give homebase a quick look, are there any brands which lead the market in gas bbq's?

I want one that doesn't rust, and one that distributes the heat well, and preferably, i don't want to have to replace it again lol, which is one of the reasons i wanted to invest a little more cash

Banned

tinkerbell28;8702005

It's not an amazing price tbh, you can get an AWT from Robert Dyas … It's not an amazing price tbh, you can get an AWT from Robert Dyas reduced from £299 to £129, no side burner but larger cooking area.If you go onto homebase you can get more with your money especially as 10%off now online and instore this weekend. AWT stuff tends to be crap anyway.Don't listen to anyone who says gas food tastes different, if you have a hood and lava raocks no-one can tell if it's come off our gas or charcol bbq......

never a truer word spoken. And it doesnt taste of firelighters / fluid lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      2. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764306
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846211

See more discussions