Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice please on porting your mobile number! -Orange

Hi there guys.
    I was wondering how i would go about transfering my mobile number i have at the moment on my contract (network: Orange) to a pay as you go sim (Orange)? I am going to cancel my contract as i feel i am paying too much as i dont use my phone alot.
    Can i port my number over to my new orange PAYG sim straight away or do i have to wait or pay anything for this service?
    Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:
    ktid

6 Comments

ktid

Hi there guys.I was wondering how i would go about transfering my mobile … Hi there guys.I was wondering how i would go about transfering my mobile number i have at the moment on my contract (network: Orange) to a pay as you go sim (Orange)? I am going to cancel my contract as i feel i am paying too much as i dont use my phone alot.Can i port my number over to my new orange PAYG sim straight away or do i have to wait or pay anything for this service?Thanks in advance. :thumbsup: ktid

Hi,

Wrong forum.
    Have you called to cancel? They may offer you a better deal or be able to convert your Sim to a PAYG automatically. Have you fulfilled the contracts T&C's?

You won't be able to port from Orange contract to Orange PAYG.

You need to port to another network provider, then port back to Orange.

I do not know which network is best, but I would try o2.

Sorry TheSaint, it depends on your contract status.
    I gave 30 days notice of my contract on 1st October 2007, the earliest possible date i could do. Was a clearance deal from e2save although this is not significant.
    On the 15th october, i realised i'd like to keep the number, but did not want another contract, so rang orange on 150 from the contract phone, went thru the options to "thinking of leaving Orange" and have been told that within 3 weeks i think it was, i will receive a PAYG sim, on Orange.

My contract will extend instead of finishing on the 31st October until i ring them to say my new sim has arrived and once it has done, the contract will be terminated and i'll have the same number but as a PAYG.

So, to the OP, my advice would be, of course, depending on how long you are into your contract, ie, if you're near the end, great, if not, you'll have to buy out your remaining contract at the rate of "cost per month X months remaining".

Like always, just give the company concerned a call and see what they say.....

*Moved to more appropriate forum*

ktid

Hi there guys.I was wondering how i would go about transfering my mobile … Hi there guys.I was wondering how i would go about transfering my mobile number i have at the moment on my contract (network: Orange) to a pay as you go sim (Orange)? I am going to cancel my contract as i feel i am paying too much as i dont use my phone alot.Can i port my number over to my new orange PAYG sim straight away or do i have to wait or pay anything for this service?Thanks in advance. :thumbsup: ktid

Porting your number is for when you want to switch to another network. What you want to do is migrate to PAYG from contract. You will be supplied with a new sim card as they differ from the contract sims, but you will still keep your number.

Make sure they send you a 3G sim card even if you don't have a 3G phone, as more and more of the new phones coming through are now 3G.

Original Poster

Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum.
    Thanks guys for the info!
    Im going to phone orange and see if they can send me a PAYG sim card as i have had my phone for my 18month contract.
    Just away to research to see if they have different PAYG sim cards that give you different deals!
    Thanks alot guys!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please11
      2. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?22
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?99
      4. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?55

See more discussions