Groups

Advice please on small hob repair (eletric ignition)

The mother has a whrlpool gas hob, it has four rings with eletric ignition (one switch for all rings ignition). A fault has occured with one of the ignition spindles - it will not stop producing a spark even though no one is operating the ignition switch. It constantly produces a spark until the power is turned off at the mains.The other three are fine and work only when required. No obvious sign of any damage etc.
    Could anyone suggest a remedy? Apart from buying a new hob.
    Thanks in advance

4 Comments

I am no expert but it seems that there a short somewhere. I would give the area a good clean first of all. Have a look underneath to see if the wire is shorting against anything as well..Good Luck

mine has a button under each on/off switch, they can get stuck either with the button being a bit low or grease under it,take as much to bits as you dare. I bet it is something real simple.Good luck.

gr8h8me;5338073

I am no expert but it seems that there a short somewhere. I would give … I am no expert but it seems that there a short somewhere. I would give the area a good clean first of all. Have a look underneath to see if the wire is shorting against anything as well..Good Luck

Agreed, had this myself a while back. Switch off and give it a good clean where the sparks are coming from and you should be ok

On ours it happens when the wife cleans around the switch and it gets water in it
    ,blow it out with some compressed air and should be good again. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …249825
      2. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE33
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416714125
      4. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals31409

See more discussions