Expired

Advice please Toyota Corolla Verso MMT Auto

Found 21st Oct 2013
Hi All,

I am in the process of buying a Toyota Corolla verso, its kind of urgent so need to decide fairly quickly.

I ve read a few things about the MMT gearbox but still seems I dont have much options as manual is completely not an option as its for the other half.

I ve seen a few 55 and 06 reg , one had the gearbox replaced by toyota in May and has 12 months warranty on the gearbox.

Anyone has any advice for or against it please kindly post.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
AskToyota
11 Comments
you usually get 3 months free warranty when you buy from a trade seller, you can most times extend this. If not there are always 3rd party warranty companies for piece of mind
you will probably be looking at £300-500 a year for a third party warranty company depending on whether you chose to use a independent garage or dealership garage. Hope that helps
Original Poster
jamalansary

you will probably be looking at £300-500 a year for a third party … you will probably be looking at £300-500 a year for a third party warranty company depending on whether you chose to use a independent garage or dealership garage. Hope that helps

Thanks, I would rather put the money towards the car not sure I would want to be paying for insurance only to be told when claiming that certain repairs are not covered. Thanks for the Information.
I would avoid any Toyota with an MMT gearbox, they are notoriously troublesome.
Original Poster
Inactive

I would avoid any Toyota with an MMT gearbox, they are notoriously … I would avoid any Toyota with an MMT gearbox, they are notoriously troublesome.

Any other suggestion please?
saayinla

Any other suggestion please?

Nissan Note has proper automatic gearbox, Honda Jazz with a CVT auto box ( not the ishift )

Any of the VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat's with a DSG Auto box.
Original Poster
Inactive

Nissan Note has proper automatic gearbox, Honda Jazz with a CVT auto box … Nissan Note has proper automatic gearbox, Honda Jazz with a CVT auto box ( not the ishift )Any of the VW/Audi/Skoda/Seat's with a DSG Auto box.

I require a proper 7 seats hence Note is not an option will look at the others you mentioned.
saayinla

I require a proper 7 seats hence Note is not an option will look at the … I require a proper 7 seats hence Note is not an option will look at the others you mentioned.

OK, you didn't mention the 7 seat requirement, that restricts things a fair bit.
Original Poster
Inactive

OK, you didn't mention the 7 seat requirement, that restricts things a … OK, you didn't mention the 7 seat requirement, that restricts things a fair bit.

My Mistake please.
I can't offer a solution but the MMT gearboxes appear to be very problematic including the year range of the one you've seen. Although the gearbox has a warranty, what if it fails after the warranty expires knowing they are problematic? Probably look for an alternative.
I got a corolla verso mmt automatic today the car stopped more than 3 times gear went to neutral can i return it and get my money back since i just bought it few minutes before the problem
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants