Found 14th Jun 2010
hi guys i went into a travel agents today which advertised comission free, i bought my euro,s and later when i got home i noticed on the receipt they had charged me £3.95! it says it is a charge for "guaranteed to buy your money back which you bring home for the same exchange rate" i did not ask for this and she did not tell me about it or ask if i wanted it now i know it is only £3.95 but i am annoyed as i feel it was a bit of a con should i go back in tomorrow and say to them about it as we never bring currency home so i would and do not need it! but its the point that she just added it to my bill! thanks guys.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

thomas cooks??

Original Poster

barky;8837337

thomas cooks??

thomson is that the same one? yeh it is i think!

That's a damn cheek. I would go back if I was you, not just for the £3.95 but for the matter of principle

Original Poster

Lilly_White;8837365

That's a damn cheek. I would go back if I was you, not just for the … That's a damn cheek. I would go back if I was you, not just for the £3.95 but for the matter of principle

thanks yeh i think i will as thats what i think also as she didnt ask me just added it in so i thought i will take the receipts in tomorrow and act dumb and say whats is this charge that has been added on? and ask them to return it as i didnt ask for it and i was,nt offered it!

wulshaz;8837364

thomson is that the same one? yeh it is i think!

as far as I remember its compulsory-its in tiny print under their big sign saying "no commision buyback"

Original Poster

i was looking outside and all it said was commision free on the hand written poster

wulshaz;8837471

i was looking outside and all it said was commision free on the hand … i was looking outside and all it said was commision free on the hand written poster

phone and ask and see what they say-I never bring anything back either-any money we have left gets spent in duty free.

Original Poster

we are the same and the kids would spend it anyway! thanks

happened to us but we didnt notice it till much later on, also GF went and bought £1000 in euros using her Visa Debit (RBS) and got a charge of £4.50, This is now standard apparently (wasnt when she had a maestro card, could use it abroad to get money aswell), cant say if other banks charge or not but we were gonna take the card with us incase we needed more money in the 2nd week on holiday but we will be charged £4.50 a withdrawl. So getting a credit card.

Supermod

Do not worry about this. Go in tomorrow and tell them you did not want it as did not authorise this.

You havent gone on holiday yet so it is not as if they would consider you to be trying to con them as the event has not yet taken place.

Original Poster

thanks guys i went in today and the girl said that if your transaction is over a certain amount then the computer automatically charges it to your bill! but i got it back
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322833
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48710975
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247575
    4. word association Game74244878

See more discussions