Groups

Advice regarding miniature spirit bottles

Hoping someone may be able to help. I have a selection of relatively old miniature spirit bottles and some are still sealed and full. would anyone have any idea where I may be able to get them dated and possibly valued or even sold?

14 Comments

You could always check your local auction house. Many do valuations over the phone and then a further more detailed one face to face.

My parents tried selling some on ebay, don't know if they vary much in price but don't think the ones that sold went for much, and some listings got removed as they don't allow them to be sold with alcohol in.

not sure but once saw the owners of the Unicum factory display thousands of miniature spirit bottles from around the world!

atlasobscura.com/pla…eum

quite a collection, a little unusual but so is Budapest.

Original Poster

KGorman

You could always check your local auction house. Many do valuations over … You could always check your local auction house. Many do valuations over the phone and then a further more detailed one face to face.

​that sounds like a plan. Ty

Original Poster

athunder

My parents tried selling some on ebay, don't know if they vary much in … My parents tried selling some on ebay, don't know if they vary much in price but don't think the ones that sold went for much, and some listings got removed as they don't allow them to be sold with alcohol in.

​didn't think I could sell the full ones on eBay but might just bundle the empties and sell them on there. I'll then take the full ones to local auction house as KGorman mentioned above. Cheers all

mikecollins

​didn't think I could sell the full ones on eBay but might just bundle t … ​didn't think I could sell the full ones on eBay but might just bundle the empties and sell them on there. I'll then take the full ones to local auction house as KGorman mentioned above. Cheers all

They actually listed some as empty, sold a few, then had listing removed by ebay after.

Original Poster

fivegoldstars

Try here https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/wanted

​Ty for this. I've sent them a valuation request. fingers crossed I may get a few quid.

mikecollins

​Ty for this. I've sent them a valuation request. fingers crossed I may g … ​Ty for this. I've sent them a valuation request. fingers crossed I may get a few quid.

No probs, hope you do.
    I've got a bottle of Champagne in the cupboard that I bought in France in 95. Every now and again, we debate whether we should sell it or drink it. I always vote for the latter, and one day I intend to get my way

fivegoldstars

No probs, hope you do.I've got a bottle of Champagne in the cupboard that … No probs, hope you do.I've got a bottle of Champagne in the cupboard that I bought in France in 95. Every now and again, we debate whether we should sell it or drink it. I always vote for the latter, and one day I intend to get my way

You could always have it with chips.

Original Poster

nice. we had an old bottle of champers from my mother a couple of yrs ago. she claims she got it in the early 90's. it's was bloody lovely

Oneday77

You could always have it with chips.

Les chips.
    Edited by: "fivegoldstars" 22nd Jan

fivegoldstars

No probs, hope you do.I've got a bottle of Champagne in the cupboard that … No probs, hope you do.I've got a bottle of Champagne in the cupboard that I bought in France in 95. Every now and again, we debate whether we should sell it or drink it. I always vote for the latter, and one day I intend to get my way

​nice story.

Thanks Dave. I'm glad to hear I injected a little bit of sunshine into your day.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416814130
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …285995
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523460
      4. What is there free to do in your town?611

See more discussions