Groups

Advice required

If you are tryin to complete a deal in the for sale forum and you ask the person to provide there address and phone no and ebay name but they refuse to give you the address but do provide a phone number and ebay name would your proceed?

13 Comments

I'd be very suspicious.

Have you sent them a message to their eBay ID? Just telling you that their ebay ID is bigknickers73 isn't enough.

Sounds well suspect. Why wouldn't they want you to have their address if they were on the level?

And by the way, having their ebay name means sod all as well as ebay won't give you any details if it goes tits up. Even if you buy through ebay :lol:

Yup... I've always been happy to give out my address whether buying or selling (obviously when buying though - need to get it! lol)

Stay very very far awa my freind got done outa £25 with someone who didt want to give out 2 many "personal details"

Looks like the deals off anyway.

Banned

i bet a mobile number too:roll:

Original Poster

aye the deal is off wasnt happy with it

like i have always been happy to give out my address on here, provided with a mobile number and ebay name thats it so i just gave up

Probably for the best mate. At least now you're certain you haven't lost anything.

Banned

I thought the rules when selling here was that you HAD to provide those details?

guv;1472943

I thought the rules when selling here was that you HAD to provide those … I thought the rules when selling here was that you HAD to provide those details?

It's a "Suggested Guideline" for buyers to obtain this information, not a rule for sellers to give it.

Banned

Er, no.

Common sense, isn't it?

Original Poster

yeah thats what the seller said about the rules when i asked before proceeding. For all i know the deal could have went smoothly but for a saving of £4 it wasnt worth the risk lol

Banned

nightswimmer;1472968

It's a "Suggested Guideline" for buyers to obtain this information, not a … It's a "Suggested Guideline" for buyers to obtain this information, not a rule for sellers to give it.

Ok - I never use it - just from memory!

But if they refuse to give it when asked, its a sure sign all is not well.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. WHY CANT I JUST TYPE IN THE TEXT BOX34
      2. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)24
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3781462
      4. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…2176

See more discussions