Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice Required on a Mongoose Crossway 450 Disc 2009 Hybrid Bike please. Rep to anyone who can help :-)

Hi all,

the summer is on its way and I want to buy a new bike. I know the real basics about bikes but I am way off being an expert. Well anyway after looking online for a few hours I've taken a liking to the Mongoose Crossway 450 Disc 2009 Hybrid bike.

Its £361.99 from Evans Cycles less 10% with a discount code.

evanscycles.com/pro…379

The link is above which includes the spec for the bike. I was hoping someone might be able to give me their opinion on the bike and whether its worth the money or not? I have searched for reviews on it but there seems to be a very limited number.

Rep to anyone who can offer some helpful advice :-)

Thanks in advance :-)

16 Comments

Original Poster

]http//ww…379

A direct link is above.

http://www.evanscycles.com/product_image/image/a05/a73/857/33971/large/mongoose-crossway-450-disc-2009-hybrid-bike.jpg

just no. no no no. This bike has awful components, especially the front suspension forks. Let me find a better one for you.....btw what size frame are you after?

Original Poster

Cheers for comments mate, was looking more for a hybrid bike than a mountain bike.

Frame size ideally needs to be 22 inch as i'm 6 foot 2.

What about this one? ]http//ww…398

rep added by the way :thumbsup:

scream85;5107876

Cheers for comments mate, was looking more for a hybrid bike than a … Cheers for comments mate, was looking more for a hybrid bike than a mountain bike.Frame size ideally needs to be 22 inch as i'm 6 foot 2.What about this one? ]http://www.evanscycles.com/products/saracen/intent-2009-hybrid-bike-ec018398rep added by the way :thumbsup:

Ooo that was the one i was trying to find. definatly that one, the saracen build quality is great, and the components are fantastic. and its a nice colour!! id go for that one. I have a saracen myself and for the price you cant beat it.

Rep added back!

Original Poster

Sheep87;5107911

Ooo that was the one i was trying to find. definatly that one, the … Ooo that was the one i was trying to find. definatly that one, the saracen build quality is great, and the components are fantastic. and its a nice colour!! id go for that one. I have a saracen myself and for the price you cant beat it.Rep added back!

Cheers dude :thumbsup:

One thing, they only have bike in 20 inch frame. Do u think it will make all that difference, as 21 / 22 would have probably been better suited, but i do like the bike!

scream85;5107947

Cheers dude :thumbsup:One thing, they only have bike in 20 inch frame. Do … Cheers dude :thumbsup:One thing, they only have bike in 20 inch frame. Do u think it will make all that difference, as 21 / 22 would have probably been better suited, but i do like the bike!

best thing will be to try it, the saddle will be able to be raised so it shouldnt be too much of a problem. do you live near an evans?

Original Poster

Sheep87;5108067

best thing will be to try it, the saddle will be able to be raised so it … best thing will be to try it, the saddle will be able to be raised so it shouldnt be too much of a problem. do you live near an evans?

Unfortunately not :-( i live in norwich, nearest one to me is about 90 miles lol. like you say the saddle is always adjustable. maybe i can find one in another cycle shop local to me and try it there :thumbsup:

thats a shame, i live right next to the main shop lol. If you try a 20-21" frame at bike shop, it will give you an idea, as it will be similar, especially if you try a saracen. Try halfords, just go in and jump on one!

Have you tried a Rayleigh Chopper in Purple with a large swinging ariel on the back seat:whistling:

scream85;5107497

]http://www.evanscycles.com/products/mongoose/crossway-450-disc-2009-hybrid-bike-ec017379A direct link is above.

Strangely enough, i was looking at this bike today and have just logged on to source some reviews........i'm 6ft 3 and thought the XL frame looked great for size and since im not wanting a mountain bike i thought this looked and felt very good value for the money.

Sheep87, What exactly is wrong with the forks etc that i should avoid. Oh and it is for sale in the Glasgow store for £309.

Appreciate that this a 'deals' forum, but if you are going to Halfords have a look at their Boardman Hybrids as they are getting storming reviews. Quality piece of kit.

The Mongoose is £348 delivered here ....Evans prob still cheaper with 10% code though....

luvbikes.com/pro…915

I'm now looking at this from Halfords, any opinions?

halfords.com/web…534

I have been looking for a hybrid bike for a 5mile commute and the Kona Dew was recommended to me by Evans in Manchester. It is currently on sale at £299 reduced from £359.

evanscycles.com/pro…dew

It is white but looks better than it does in the picture!

Thinking of making a purchase soon unless there any thoughts/feedback on this one?

Have you looked at Edinburgh bicycle co-op?
    I was directed to their site about 18months ago via hotukdeals and we've bought 2 bikes since. Check out edinburghbicycle.com/ebw…528
    Saving of about £100 at the mo.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Most cushioned running trainers?33
      2. Quality "Pro" Android Apps - List your Favourites and Share with the Commun…22
      3. Why do my deal votes go up or down by 2° on each vote?44
      4. Cordial....11

See more discussions