Advice required on how to make scratched Xbox games playable again?

Found 24th Oct 2008
Was looking to know if anyone had any ideas of how to make scratched Xbox games playable again. I have tried the toothpaste method but unfortunately it did not work. The game starts ok but within 20 seconds it stops with the Disk unreadable error message.

Thanks in advance

7 Comments

why dont you take them to game or gamestation they have a think that coats them £2 a disk i think hope this helps.

...toothpaste..what?

and yeh as the above, ive heard gamestation can help.. how badly scratched it is

hotukdeals.com/ite…isk

Alot of advice given for a similar situation I encoutered in this thread. Hope this helps

Original Poster

gamesrus;3276414

why dont you take them to game or gamestation they have a think that … why dont you take them to game or gamestation they have a think that coats them £2 a disk i think hope this helps.

MissRoo;3276446

...toothpaste..what?and yeh as the above, ive heard gamestation can … ...toothpaste..what?and yeh as the above, ive heard gamestation can help.. how badly scratched it is

Yeah it was a hint that alot of people had suggested on youtube ;-)
The scratches are very thin.

bfjem;3276471

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/261501/compaq-windows-xp-diskAlot of … http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/261501/compaq-windows-xp-diskAlot of advice given for a similar situation I encoutered in this thread. Hope this helps

Cheers Guys, rep added.

kemo;3276505

Yeah it was a hint that alot of people had suggested on youtube ;-)The … Yeah it was a hint that alot of people had suggested on youtube ;-)The scratches are very thin.

oh rite, how v strange.. never heard of doing that before

ah well if they are thin then it should get sorted easily - keep em safe next time

Original Poster

MissRoo;3276518

oh rite, how v strange.. never heard of doing that beforeah well if they … oh rite, how v strange.. never heard of doing that beforeah well if they are thin then it should get sorted easily - keep em safe next time

with a 6 year old gamer - its easier said than done :lol:

kemo;3276546

with a 6 year old gamer - its easier said than done :lol:

good point !! tho my sis is 28 and she still manages :roll:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whatsup number, confused12
    2. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return45
    3. Parkopedia, can the info be trusted11
    4. Looking to travel from belfast44