Groups
    EXPIRED

Advice Required - Replacement Castors or Glides

Would like to throw this one out there for your thoughts.

I noticed yesterday, when fitting a new headboard to our super king size bed, that some of the castors have broken.
    I also checked the double bed in the spare bedroom and some of them have gone also.

Whilst researching the price of twin wheeled replacement castors, I came across some glides which is a much cheaper option. The only disadvantage of using glides on a bed would be that the bed would be a few mm lower.

Has anyone done this before?
    Are there any further disadvantages i haven't thought of?

Any advice gratefully received.

Link to glides i have found on next post.

3 Comments

Original Poster

:thumbsup:If your strong enough to move the bed around when required go for it.
    [I] have found that gliders do not move very well on deep pile carpet

The gliders you are indicating are very small for the application you will need ones at least the size of the leg otherwise the will press in to the carpet and the leg will dig in stopping any movement

Any way whats going on that breaks all the castors?:whistling:

Original Poster

DEALWARRIOR;8461868

:thumbsup:If your strong enough to move the bed around when required go … :thumbsup:If your strong enough to move the bed around when required go for it.[I] have found that gliders do not move very well on deep pile carpetThe gliders you are indicating are very small for the application you will need ones at least the size of the leg otherwise the will press in to the carpet and the leg will dig in stopping any movementAny way whats going on that breaks all the castors?:whistling:

I did forget to mention it's a divan bed, thus was thinking of placing about 4 of the glides per side.
    The bed doesn't need to be moved, but was unsure if it was advisable to just place the bed direct on the carpet.

We've had the bed for aprox 18 months, purchased from bedstar. I have emailed them in the hope they might send some replacement castors out... you never know.

The wife insists it must be the cats playing on the bed that have broke them :thinking:

Rep Left :thumbsup:

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3931600
    2. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate13
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764606
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846336

See more discussions