Advice: Someone has skidded and knocked my tree over.

Found 2nd Mar
Basically, some chopper has come out the t-junction like a tool and managed to drive straight into my tree knocking it over. Tyre marks show that this is what happened and a neighbour has told me the type of car it was.

Anyway, long story short. Can it be replanted or does it need chucked away?
2902973-RTKxe.jpg2902973-Qx7Fp.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
I thought you meant a helicopter had landed in your garden
16 Comments
I would just replant it as it looks like it has just been knocked over rather than broken. Just straightened up would do.
123thisisme52 s ago

I would just replant it as it looks like it has just been knocked over …I would just replant it as it looks like it has just been knocked over rather than broken. Just straightened up would do.

Cheers, just dig it back in the original plot?
totally agree, what a coward/muppet not to leave a note, some people weren't brought up right!!
davewave2 m ago

totally agree, what a coward/muppet not to leave a note, some people …totally agree, what a coward/muppet not to leave a note, some people weren't brought up right!!

It could of been worse, and that's the way I'm looking at it. Daughter could of been hit(or another child or adult) my dog, or my car. Some people have no idea how to drive in this weather.
Paddy_o_furniture3 m ago

It could of been worse, and that's the way I'm looking at it. Daughter …It could of been worse, and that's the way I'm looking at it. Daughter could of been hit(or another child or adult) my dog, or my car. Some people have no idea how to drive in this weather.

same sort of idiots who would drive off after hitting someone, its just an absence of responsibility/courtesy/etiquette/morals.
I thought you meant a helicopter had landed in your garden
Conifers are very hardy plants, as long as the trunk isn't broken it should be ok to replant it. If the root hasn't been disturbed too much I would do it asap, but if the roots are damaged it might be better to transplant it into a large pot and protect it until the cold weather is over.
jaketheplumber3 m ago

Conifers are very hardy plants, as long as the trunk isn't broken it …Conifers are very hardy plants, as long as the trunk isn't broken it should be ok to replant it. If the root hasn't been disturbed too much I would do it asap, but if the roots are damaged it might be better to transplant it into a large pot and protect it until the cold weather is over.

Doesn't look damaged. I'll dig it back in now cheers. I have at least found out what sort of "plant" it is today, as I had no idea.
Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 2nd Mar
Do "yew" have any idea who it might be?
They they "leaf" any evidence behind?
No,
Derek_Horatio_Shatwell10 m ago

Do "yew" have any idea who it might be?They they "leaf" any evidence …Do "yew" have any idea who it might be?They they "leaf" any evidence behind?

but I may plant some evidence.
Agree with others, replant it. We had similar (not a driver but a huge storm) where our 9foot conifer was uprooted. We replanted and it's over 15ft now and thriving.
Replant, if it’s broken just wait till spring and get another one.
Chuck it in the bin before it gets too big and becoms a nusance like most connifers do, if you ask me the chopper has done you a favour
Edited by: "ding" 2nd Mar
That looks so out of place, bin it!
ding13 h, 1 m ago

Chuck it in the bin before it gets too big and becoms a nusance like most …Chuck it in the bin before it gets too big and becoms a nusance like most connifers do, if you ask me the chopper has done you a favour

Lol ,just looking at the 20 I planted down my boundary
No wind in the garden , no fence panels down , kept under control they are not a nuisance
You know its bad luck to keep your Christmas tree up after twelve night. Someone did you a favour!

It was your neighbour who knocked it down. I saw her do it. Muttering under her breath "I hate that tree", " Die tree"
Edited by: "nougat" 4th Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants