Groups

ADVICE : Tesco Interview tomorrow just looking for advice?

Banned
    As the above

Iv got my first proper interview tomorrow for Tesco's after waiting 4 months for a reply from my application.
    I was just wondering what they will ask me ? And how best to prepare.
    It is only for a cahsier post but i am still worried.
    Mainly i dont know what to wear ?

Any advice would be gladly accepted :-D

Cheers

16 Comments

Be smart but comfortable and just be yourself, if they dont like it then there problem, always found that when i was looking for jobs i got the ones where i went as myself and not how i thought they wanted me to be.
    Good Luck

I would always recommend adopting the 'Spud' interview technique.

http://blog.hazrulnz.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/u105_good_luck.jpg

DKLS;4610989

He didnt want the job though, gonna have to watch trainspotting again now.

ADVICE : Tesco Interview tomorrow just looking for advice?
    Go to Asda lol (joke)

Good luck
    just be yourself!

see if this helps ]http//ca…spx

DKLS;4610989

LOL, pleasure in other people's leisure!

Seriously, JUST really obvious stuff. Be yourself, dress smart, smart hair, have a shave, smile, no pierced eyeballs etc, be nice, try to answer questions with a modicum of enthusiasm and prepare a couple of questions to ask them that aren't to do with your salary etc.

Always good to show interest in the company development; ask them about
    any company plans to expand the store
    when are the busy times
    that sort of thing.

I'd wear a suit

Talk about customer service. Say that your pasionate about it as you always judge other shops by the customer service you receive. Say you like interacting with other people and thats why you want to work in retail. Get in that you can easily adapt to modern technology and enjoy using it i.e. their til systems.
    Perhaps mention that Tesco has become such a recognised company that you feel it really would be a good opportunity to work for them.

dave_lunt2;4611093

I'd wear a suitTalk about customer service. Say that your pasionate about … I'd wear a suitTalk about customer service. Say that your pasionate about it as you always judge other shops by the customer service you receive. Say you like interacting with other people and thats why you want to work in retail. Get in that you can easily adapt to modern technology and enjoy using it i.e. their til systems. Perhaps mention that Tesco has become such a recognised company that you feel it really would be a good opportunity to work for them.

Or you could just brown nose lol

rbquk;4611128

Or you could just brown nose lol

surely thats got to be the best way to get the job tho!

Dave_lunt2 - some sound advice there :thumbsup:

Trickyjabs;4611083

LOL, pleasure in other people's leisure!Seriously, JUST really obvious … LOL, pleasure in other people's leisure!Seriously, JUST really obvious stuff. Be yourself, dress smart, smart hair, have a shave, smile, no pierced eyeballs etc, be nice, try to answer questions with a modicum of enthusiasm and prepare a couple of questions to ask them that aren't to do with your salary etc.Always good to show interest in the company development; ask them aboutany company plans to expand the storewhen are the busy timesthat sort of thing.

YOUR HIRED
    http://www.seriouslybusiness.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/alan-sugar-amstrad-and-the-apprentice.jpg

As people above have said, just be yourself. Be confident, feel free to ask questions, and just do your best. Dress smart (not stupidly smart though, a suit is not essential for the post) and have a few answers ready, such as how you would deal with a difficult/abusive customer, or what you would do if you saw someone shoplifting etc. Also, try to be flexible with working hours, always goes down well.

Good luck to you

Edit. Also as above, mention being a quick learner (if true) and feel free to ask questions, such as promotion opportunities within Tescos, or as above.

dave_lunt2;4611135

surely thats got to be the best way to get the job tho!

if you want to be a lacky yes.

i use to work for tesco, they told me "can i start monday" when i sat down lol

Good luck Pheo. id reccomend looking at this link:

bradleycvs.co.uk/int…htm

its always served me well when i needed reminding on what to do in interviews, and is a great site in general. Dave_lunt2's advise is great and exactly thetype of thing you want to say.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game74044541
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767380
      3. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?11
      4. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1218

See more discussions