Groups

ADVICE: Travelling from South Wales to Glasgow on a Saturday

I might be travelling from Cardiff to Glasgow on Saturday morning and was wondering whether what the general travel is like? usually traffic on a Saturday? roads to avoid etc?

Any tips basically. This will be the longest journey by card I've ever made.

9 Comments

don't take the train I've heard it's murder to get a seat.

what time are you leaving. I generally have a look at Google maps and see what route it likes then see if leaving early or later is recommended. If I am going south from Glasgow I generally leave in wee hours and try miss key cities. once your passed Preston there isn't much choice just go straight.

If going by car go via m5 m6 m74, simple, don't try to go direct through Wales! Its a nightmare, as for traffic it's always a flip of a coin.

don't hog the middle lane

Traffics not that bad in scotland

relief on m6 when you reach morecambe. Traffic really thins out.

Original Poster

elliott1982

don't hog the middle lane

If 99% of the people in the right hand lane weren't constantly breaking the speed limit I wouldn't

August Bank Holiday so the worst weekend in the year for travel so expect queues, queues and more queues. I would double the estimated journey time or try and set off around midnight,

Allow about 10-12 hours with 3-4 breaks

Edited by: "chocci" 26th Aug 2016

JamesClark1991

If 99% of the people in the right hand lane weren't constantly breaking … If 99% of the people in the right hand lane weren't constantly breaking the speed limit I wouldn't

Whg does other people's bad driving mean you have to be a bad driver?

Original Poster

chocci

Whg does other people's bad driving mean you have to be a bad driver?

Trucks doing 60mph in the left lane, BMWs doing 80mph in the right hand lane constantly flashing you. You kinda get forced into the middle sometimes, not taking the mick being totally genuine.
    Edited by: "JamesClark1991" 26th Aug 2016
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64534
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 391414
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1133

See more discussions