Advice Wanted - looking for cheap but decent External DVD Re-Writer for Asus Eee B202 Desktop PC

Any ideas for a cheap External DVD Re-Writer to go with my (soon-to-be-purchased) Asus Eee B202 desktop PC.

As cheap but decent as possibe, any help appreciated!?!?!?!?!?!

Also, what are HUKDers thoughts on the Asus B202?

Cheers

9 Comments

Original Poster

Cheers peeps

May be cheaper to build your own, some decent internal ones on play for £15 and under and enclosures with power supplies on ebay about £10.

Original Poster

Just saw some cheap internal ones on Play. Think that may be a bit beyond me, wouldn't know where to start, but ta!

its pretty easy, i'm sure we could talk you through it

This was posted earlier

hotukdeals.com/ite…e-/

It's a Microsoft HD-DVD player for the Xbox360. But really, its a USB external HD-DVD drive that you connect to a PC/Laptop/Netbook. You can also watch HD movies with the right software.

The post has the item at Toys R Us for £9.99

eagle-i;3902990

This was posted … This was posted earlier]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/307495/xbox-360-hd-dvd-drive-9-99-instore-/It's a Microsoft HD-DVD player for the Xbox360. But really, its a USB external HD-DVD drive that you connect to a PC/Laptop/Netbook. You can also watch HD movies with the right software.The post has the item at Toys R Us for £9.99

That is totally irrelevant, it wont even read DVD's/CD's yet alone write them.

Plus getting them to work on a Pc/Laptop is not simply plug and play. You need to track the right software down for it as only one version of the software works to play HD-DVD's

I don't know where you got your facts from, but I have one and it reads normal DVDs/CD's when plugged into my laptop running Windows XP. The only thing it won't do is write DVD/CDs. Simple plug and play.

You only need the special software if you want the drive to recognise and play HD-DVD
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1525
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764044
    3. PDF Drive is your search engine for PDF files. No annoying ads, no download…22
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183317

See more discussions