Advice welcomed regarding to Melbourne, Australia

Edited by:"mousey"Found 2nd Nov 2017
I don't want to sound silly but I would appreciate any advice - Family members have recently moved to Melbourne, Oz from the UK. I was always sending treats to the kids (mostly found on here) and would love to continue to do so, obviously using local Australian companies that deliver - does anyone else do this or can they recommend Suppliers or any "deal" sites. Also can I buy on any of those sites using my credit card from here in the UK. Hope I have explained myself. Thanks in advance for reading and indeed for any feedback.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
9 Comments
There is no difference from you ordering something from the web here and getting it delivered to an address other than the one your CC is registered to.

I buy stuff from NZ websites to send to my family all the time, start by using Google Australia (Google)
Original Poster
Bigfootpete15 m ago

There is no difference from you ordering something from the web here and …There is no difference from you ordering something from the web here and getting it delivered to an address other than the one your CC is registered to.I buy stuff from NZ websites to send to my family all the time, start by using Google Australia (Google)

Hi Bigfootpete, thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciated. Shall do what you suggest! Looking forward to sending some gifts asap!
Look into getting a Halifax clarity credit card, as you get good exchange rates when buying in AUS dollars.

You sound lovely.
Original Poster
Hi sicklysweet, thanks for your posting! Great advice regarding Halifax credit card, shall check it out. Again, thank you for taking time to respond.
mousey3 h, 39 m ago

Hi sicklysweet, thanks for your posting! Great advice regarding Halifax …Hi sicklysweet, thanks for your posting! Great advice regarding Halifax credit card, shall check it out. Again, thank you for taking time to respond.

If you use a normal credit card you can incur big charges, so the Halifax clarity card will be brilliant for you.

If i think of any other tips, I'll let you know.

I always organise used to send Christmas presents to my family in Australia and realised that spending £25 in postage was bonkers so send things directly from Australian shops now.
Oh I don't know if they still do it, but last Christmas M&S did free worldwide delivery on clothing & other departments so I organised some small things like pyjamas etc.
Original Poster
sicklysweet5 m ago

If you use a normal credit card you can incur big charges, so the Halifax …If you use a normal credit card you can incur big charges, so the Halifax clarity card will be brilliant for you. If i think of any other tips, I'll let you know. I always organise used to send Christmas presents to my family in Australia and realised that spending £25 in postage was bonkers so send things directly from Australian shops now.

That is exactly my thinking with regards to the postage, I did post a few things and it silly prices. I do already have a Santander Zero card I might check with them if there would be any charges, if so I'll definitely go for the Halifax card. Could you recommend any Australian shops, I would be sending gifts to my step son, his wife and their two small children ages 8 & 5. Would like to send them sweets and treats, also books and advent calendar, etc.. Also with Xmas round the corner might like to send a present rather than money. Thanks so much for your kind input, much appreciated. Regards Mousey!!
They've now got a dedicated site

marksandspencer.com/au/…age

I use Sydney Meats and organise either a big ham or large fillet of beef etc as part of my family's Christmas present as we are foodies and they love it!
Original Poster
sicklysweet1 m ago

They've now got a dedicated …They've now got a dedicated sitehttp://www.marksandspencer.com/au/homepageI use Sydney Meats and organise either a big ham or large fillet of beef etc as part of my family's Christmas present as we are foodies and they love it!

Thank-you, didn't realise M&S in Oz!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants