Advise for Nintendo Switch monitor connection.

Found 8th Nov 2017
I'm looking to buy a Nintendo Switch and I want to be able to connect it to a monitor that only has one DisplayPort terminal. At the moment there's a DisplayPort lead going from that terminal to a GPU. When the Nintendo is going to be hooked up to the monitor I want it to be a seamless as possible.

My idea is to have a switch that has small DisplayPort lead from monitor and then a lead from switch to PC. I would want that switch to accept connection from Nintendo as and when required when the PC would be turned off.

Hopefully I've explained my requirement properly.

My questions are:

Can it be done?

If it can be done, will there be a loss of quality going through the switch whilst PC gaming?

If it can be done will the switch be automatic if PC is off and Nintendo is connected?
Community Updates
Ask
2 Comments
I'd try converting the switches hdmi to display port and then get a 2 port display port switch.
Original Poster
I found this on Amazon

32394887-SJLpU.jpg

My only issue with things of this nature is at the moment I have DisplayPort to DisplayPort into a reasonably decent monitor.
I'm now going to have DisplayPort to HDMI lead into switch from monitor, then DisplayPort to DisplayPort lead from switch to PC.

Will/could there be a loss of signal, or is it just going to be an obvious screen flicker if there's going to be any degradation?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants