Groups

Advise on a laptop cooler pads

My laptop runs really hot, most of the time i have it on my bed (bad back, boring story) and after a while the underside is so hot, so im thinking of buying one of the laptop cooler fans you place underneath, problem is if its rigid then it not going to sit properly on the bed, dont want one of the gel ones as im not convinced they work as they say they do, any one have any suggestions, there are so many on ebay, also are they loader than a normal laptop fan (as mine is always running, i do clean the fan quite often etc)

6 Comments

Why not put it on a tray? The fans are being restricted by the bedding. I have used a cooler in the past - a waste of time and money.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5590342

Why not put it on a tray? The fans are being restricted by the bedding. … Why not put it on a tray? The fans are being restricted by the bedding. I have used a cooler in the past - a waste of time and money.

Would that help dissipate the heat?

if ever i take my laptop to bed, it does get really hot

( this isnt a saucy comment lol )

and I think one of those laptop stands/ cooling units would come in handy for you really hon as even though they are stable and will wobble around on the bed, so must your laptop anyway, just get comfy with loads of pillows and cushions and prop it up and with a cooling unit at least the lappy wont get so hot against the sheets x x x

I am using a laptop on my lap at the moment, but use a hard Targus case to lay it on. I find that the fans work very well (though they are rarely off). Anything to let the air flow through will help.
    Cooler are powered by USB, so you will be making the laptop work harder.

any hard surface will do as the feet will provide space between the resting surface and bottom of lappy.

tesco do a large baking tray with a lip at rear for £7 this makes an ideal lappy rest or high speed gaming mouse mat
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11
      2. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires33
      3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp33
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains55

See more discussions