Advise on a sub £100 monitor.

Found 4th Apr
Seen a view deals on here for monitors. Would appreciate some advice on what would be best sub £100 for general use watching a few movies etc and some general Photoshop.

If I can find one that would suit a PS4 as well as the above then even better.
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
For your budget you should be looking at a 24'' IPS monitor.
RiverDragon813 m ago

For your budget you should be looking at a 24'' IPS monitor.

Any specific model recommendations? I may be looking for something similar to MykiStefan shortly.
Illusionary18 m ago

Any specific model recommendations? I may be looking for something similar …Any specific model recommendations? I may be looking for something similar to MykiStefan shortly.

This is one of the usual suspect on this site click, you want something similar. Only negative is no vesa (might be/might not be important).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 5th Apr
RiverDragon85 m ago

This is one of the usual suspect on this site click, you want something …This is one of the usual suspect on this site click, you want something similar. Only negative is no vesa (might be/might not be important).

Cheers
Illusionary19 m ago

Cheers

Or wait, there are always deals popping up on here for similar monitors for around £90 region (obviously that's when they're on offer) But definitely you should be looking at a 24'' IPS monitor (make sure when you're looking it has a headphone jack so you can add a speaker).
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 5th Apr
RiverDragon86th Apr

Get this monitor with this deal or this £90 monitor.

Thanks for the suggestion and apologies for being slow to reply. Sadly it seems that the Acer's now out-of-stock, and I'm not certain that I'd be eligible for the Amazon Business offer as an employee. I've found a refurb model of the Acer for £80, but with only a 3-month rather than 1-year warranty. I'll keep an eye out for similar coming up in future!
Illusionary23 h, 22 m ago

Thanks for the suggestion and apologies for being slow to reply. Sadly it …Thanks for the suggestion and apologies for being slow to reply. Sadly it seems that the Acer's now out-of-stock, and I'm not certain that I'd be eligible for the Amazon Business offer as an employee. I've found a refurb model of the Acer for £80, but with only a 3-month rather than 1-year warranty. I'll keep an eye out for similar coming up in future!

You just apply for that amazon business account and wait and few hours for email confirmation. Then buy that monitor for £50.
RiverDragon81 h, 9 m ago

You just apply for that amazon business account and wait and few hours for …You just apply for that amazon business account and wait and few hours for email confirmation. Then buy that monitor for £50.

As an employee? I'm not finding it very clear how business accounts work for employees, but sure, I'll take another look.
Illusionary9th Apr

As an employee? I'm not finding it very clear how business accounts work …As an employee? I'm not finding it very clear how business accounts work for employees, but sure, I'll take another look.

This IPS monitor click with this deal click for £94 + £2 amazon voucher Click.
Edited by: "RiverDragon8" 11th Apr
RiverDragon811 h, 53 m ago

This IPS monitor click with this deal click for £94 + £2 amazon voucher C …This IPS monitor click with this deal click for £94 + £2 amazon voucher Click.

Thanks again. I've actually been able to get that Amazon Business offer to work for me now. Using that, I've now got three that I'm looking at, at very similar prices:

This Acer: amazon.co.uk/dp/…FVG (low stock)
The BenQ from earlier: amazon.co.uk/gp/…C6/ (good stock)
The ViewSonic that you've just linked: amazon.co.uk/dp/…N4/ (available to order)

Are you able to help me to decide between the three?
Edited by: "Illusionary" 12th Apr
Illusionary21 m ago

Thanks again. I've actually been able to get that Amazon Business offer to …Thanks again. I've actually been able to get that Amazon Business offer to work for me now. Using that, I've now got three that I'm looking at, at very similar prices:The BenQ from earlier: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073VQPFVG (good stock)This Acer: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0157V5XC6/ (low stock)The ViewSonic that you've just linked: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06Y46KSN4/ (available to order)Are you able to help me to decide between the three?

That amazon business offer finished yesterday (you snooze, you lose) I would get that viewsonic for £94 + £2 amazon voucher.
RiverDragon847 m ago

That amazon business offer finished yesterday (you snooze, you lose) I …That amazon business offer finished yesterday (you snooze, you lose) I would get that viewsonic for £94 + £2 amazon voucher.

I was in time - you needed to register by midnight last night, but there's another week to purchase.

What about the ViewSonic model are you seeing as making it preferable here?
Illusionary31 m ago

I was in time - you needed to register by midnight last night, but there's …I was in time - you needed to register by midnight last night, but there's another week to purchase. What about the ViewSonic model are you seeing as making it preferable here?

Get that Viewsonic IPS FHD £99 monitor for £49 (no brainer). Then upload your amazon order to get additional £2 voucher from Vouchercodes. Reason I like it is because it doesn't have a glossy bezel (light reflect of it in the daytime, doesn't look good). The panel has anti-glare, it's got a headphone jack to add a speaker, it also vesa mountable (maybe in the future you add another monitor). I would bite your hand off if i could get that monitor for £49.

You're a casual gamer like me, you can add a HDMI switch and add your console to your monitor.
RiverDragon819 m ago

Get that Viewsonic IPS FHD £99 monitor for £49 (no brainer). Then upload y …Get that Viewsonic IPS FHD £99 monitor for £49 (no brainer). Then upload your amazon order to get additional £2 voucher from Vouchercodes. Reason I like it is because it doesn't have a glossy bezel (light reflect of it in the daytime, doesn't look good). The panel has anti-glare, it's got a headphone jack to add a speaker, it also vesa mountable (maybe in the future you add another monitor). I would bite your hand off if i could get that monitor for £49.You're a casual gamer like me, you can add a HDMI switch and add your console to your monitor.

Thanks, that's great. You wouldn't view the minimal (matte) bezel of the Acer as preferable? There's a bit of a wait on the ViewSonic, but I'm not in a huge rush to get it.

Already done the £2 voucher deal on a different purhcase, but cheers for the heads-up on that.
Illusionary10 m ago

Thanks, that's great. You wouldn't view the minimal (matte) bezel of the …Thanks, that's great. You wouldn't view the minimal (matte) bezel of the Acer as preferable? There's a bit of a wait on the ViewSonic, but I'm not in a huge rush to get it.Already done the £2 voucher deal on a different purhcase, but cheers for the heads-up on that.

That Acer or Viewsonic are both good, you decide. The Acer isn't mountable, if that isn't a problem then go for that.
RiverDragon85 m ago

That Acer or Viewsonic are both good, you decide. The Acer isn't …That Acer or Viewsonic are both good, you decide. The Acer isn't mountable, if that isn't a problem then go for that.

Cheers
RiverDragon85 h, 54 m ago

This monitor is vesa mountable.

Thanks - that's the one that I have on order. I see that they've reduced the price - I may need to get onto them about that...
Illusionary2 h, 4 m ago

Thanks - that's the one that I have on order. I see that they've reduced …Thanks - that's the one that I have on order. I see that they've reduced the price - I may need to get onto them about that...

I think that's the best budget monitor you could've bought for the prices. It has a soild review on YouTube.
RiverDragon83 m ago

I think that's the best budget monitor you could've bought for the prices. …I think that's the best budget monitor you could've bought for the prices. It has a soild review on YouTube.

Thanks. Now just to wait for it to get here!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions