Advise on becoming a goth

Posted 16th Nov
Where’s best to get my clothes, make up ect? Is this an easy life to maintain?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
This has to be a wind up.
Bandicoot16/11/2019 20:34

Big step, firstly I think you have to stop washing then purchase some shoe …Big step, firstly I think you have to stop washing then purchase some shoe whitener for your face. I recommend practicing your glum face and dye all your clothes black. Hope this helps but maintenance costs could be a stumbling block

If you are not particularly tall, grow a bit.
If you are not particularly glum, stop smiling.
If you don't hate everybody, start doing that.
If you are not particularly slim, stop eating for a while.
Fat goths look ridiculous.
Edited by: "fanpages" 17th Nov
what on earth lol
Big step, firstly I think you have to stop washing then purchase some shoe whitener for your face. I recommend practicing your glum face and dye all your clothes black. Hope this helps but maintenance costs could be a stumbling block
32 Comments
Big step, firstly I think you have to stop washing then purchase some shoe whitener for your face. I recommend practicing your glum face and dye all your clothes black. Hope this helps but maintenance costs could be a stumbling block
what on earth lol

Big step, firstly I think you have to stop washing then purchase some shoe …Big step, firstly I think you have to stop washing then purchase some shoe whitener for your face. I recommend practicing your glum face and dye all your clothes black. Hope this helps but maintenance costs could be a stumbling block

If you are not particularly tall, grow a bit.
If you are not particularly glum, stop smiling.
If you don't hate everybody, start doing that.
If you are not particularly slim, stop eating for a while.
Fat goths look ridiculous.
Edited by: "fanpages" 17th Nov

Great advise, do you have much experience in this department? Also would you happen to know if it’s mandatory to get a job in a game shop or CEX?
39006799-oRDGP.jpg
eddyh116/11/2019 20:41

Great advise, do you have much experience in this department? Also would …Great advise, do you have much experience in this department? Also would you happen to know if it’s mandatory to get a job in a game shop or CEX?

Ah... I see; a comedy post.

39006810-5PMZt.jpg
Byno16/11/2019 20:39

Nope, just exploring options and breaking down social barriers
Think CEX is a necessary right of passage but you must also have jewellery featuring bats, skulls and Marilyn Mansun. I'm afraid I failed the Goth entry exam as I have an allergy to bats.
eddyh116/11/2019 20:45

Nope, just exploring options and breaking down social barriers

Goth music is good.

"inb4" @Wongy110 (again)

Get yourself to one of the Goth weekends in Whitby, good fun.
Bandicoot16/11/2019 20:50

Think CEX is a necessary right of passage but you must also have jewellery …Think CEX is a necessary right of passage but you must also have jewellery featuring bats, skulls and Marilyn Mansun. I'm afraid I failed the Goth entry exam as I have an allergy to bats.

CEX seem to get a bad rap on here but my experience is universally good

39006968-a5CZm.jpg
Edited by: "Wongy110" 16th Nov
Don't you just need a healthy supply of black eyeliner and clothes?
chuckiedoll16/11/2019 21:51

Don't you just need a healthy supply of black eyeliner and clothes? …Don't you just need a healthy supply of black eyeliner and clothes?

all about the mind set

39007440-Y2j4c.jpg

holy moly did not think that would work case in point
Wongy11016/11/2019 21:03

CEX seem to get a bad rap on here but my experience is universally …CEX seem to get a bad rap on here but my experience is universally good[Image]

I think that's because CeX is less goth and more hipster these days. Anyway, my local CeX are surprisingly good and I often make a point of telling them that, even if I don't agree with their dress sense (or perceived lack of).
plewis0016/11/2019 21:58

I think that's because CeX is less goth and more hipster these days. …I think that's because CeX is less goth and more hipster these days. Anyway, my local CeX are surprisingly good and I often make a point of telling them that, even if I don't agree with their dress sense (or perceived lack of).

no CEX here all via post can see I am missing out

39007485-IOIBn.jpg
Never seen them anymore. Have they converted into Tommy fans
Best wind up
Everything is black, from clothes, hair, makeup. You aren't allowed to be happy. You must be pessimistic and hate everything. And worship the devil, and head bang to songs you can't hear the words but just drums. Oh and also think the whole worlds against you. You'll smash it

Edit: boots with soles that add a quarter to your overall height
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 16th Nov
Shop at EMP
Stay in bed between April and September
Change your name to 'Wayne'
Tell everybody you meet that you love The Mission, like The Cult and respect Depeche Mode
Don't wear anything lighter than charcoal grey
Go shopping at the Merrion Centre in Leeds and tell everybody you went to The Phono
Whenever you see a large pole, stand in front of it, shuffle your feet towards it whilst looking at them, for at least 4 minutes then go sit down and drink a pint
Achieve all of the above and you'll reach Gothdom
andywedge16/11/2019 23:58

Shop at EMPStay in bed between April and SeptemberChange your name to …Shop at EMPStay in bed between April and SeptemberChange your name to 'Wayne'Tell everybody you meet that you love The Mission, like The Cult and respect Depeche ModeDon't wear anything lighter than charcoal greyGo shopping at the Merrion Centre in Leeds and tell everybody you went to The PhonoWhenever you see a large pole, stand in front of it, shuffle your feet towards it whilst looking at them, for at least 4 minutes then go sit down and drink a pintAchieve all of the above and you'll reach Gothdom

An attack on minorities by a MOD! Well done sir hope it makes you proud!
Edited by: "jakethebeagles" 17th Nov
jakethebeagles17/11/2019 01:46

An attack on minorities by a MOD! Well done sir hope it makes you proud!

I didn't realise that "goth" is now a protected characteristic
old_mikefield17/11/2019 02:27

I didn't realise that "goth" is now a protected characteristic

Did you not, well let’s just clarify that for you....

A minority is small group of people within a community or country, differing from the main population.
Edited by: "jakethebeagles" 17th Nov
jakethebeagles17/11/2019 02:33

Did you not, well let’s just clarify that for you....A minority is small g …Did you not, well let’s just clarify that for you....A minority is small group of people within a community or country, differing from the main population.

I thought there had to be involuntary membership in the group, so you belive in goth at birth?
Get yourself down to Afflecks Palace in Manchester town centre, they’ll kit you out! Good luck
Listen to groups like Mono Inc
Camden ?
just make a youtube video saying you identify yourself as a goth or go on this morning show and announce to the world you are goth and want to be referred to as goth instead of 'him' 'her'
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants