Posted 12th Dec 2022
I need some advice from ITs expert here, I know we have a lot of experts here !!

I am looking for a desktop that is able to play multiple android emulators like Memu. (looking approx 6 emulators to run at once).

i only looking sub £200, therefore will be looking mainly used desktop, need some advice on what is PC requirement to be able to run it.

i.e. CPU/processor.
if you find any deal/link that can be provided will be appreciated.

my current laptop is 10 or 12 years ago i7-2670QM CPU 2.2GHz and 6GB RAM. it only managed to run 2 android emulators at once time and I keep receiving the warming alert due to heat.
Therefore will be looking on Desktop for now.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

12 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Quote from their own blog on running multiple instances of Memu:

"Spec is Intel Xeon E5 2670, NVidia GeForce 1060 6GB and 64GB Memory, it can run 30+ instances for light task, while probably only 10+ for heavy task."

Unless you get incredibly lucky on FB marketplace or Gumtree, I don't see a world where you're getting that kind of config under £200. The slightly strange use-case you seem to have, also indicates that you're either doing this as a game/app hack, or something in a professional capacity - either way, I think you might have to set your money sights a bit higher or pare back your expectations on what you can achieve for £200.

As with all these things, knowing what you're trying to achieve would help, but difficult to see any use-case working well with a £200 machine from what it's suggested you're going to try and do. But almost certainly, if you're cash strapped, it's going to be the second hand market where you'll yield most benefit.
    Author
    Thanks,your information is extremely helpful.

i wasn't found this information until you shared it. i have done some research on Intel Xeon and found out mostly on workstations and very powerful (which is also pricy).

what I think is to replace my very old laptop so can play a few emulators and do some tasks...
    So I was thinking to get i5 / i7 which is few years back. (like the one below).

hotukdeals.com/dea…870 
  2. Avatar
    Good luck running 6 at once, what are your running on these?

try play.google.com/sto…=US (edited)
    Author
    i am playing some games, basically have some small account to help grow..
  3. Avatar
    I would say anything that can run Windows 10 can run an Android emulator - the difference is how usable each session would be. If you really need multiple sessions it might be more cost effective to have a second PC, although dual Xeon rigs can be had for around £500...
    Author
    yes, my own laptops is quick old, so thinking to get better Pc while can playing some games on emulator
    nothing much
  4. Avatar
    Author
    i am using Memu which similar to Bluestacks
  5. Avatar
    BlueStacks 5 outshined all the emulators, consuming about 10% CPU. LDPlayer registered a massive 145% higher CPU usage. Nox consumed 37% more CPU resources with a noticeable lag in-app performance. Memu pulled all its weight, but still, its CPU usage was 37% higher.
    Consider trying a different emulator?

Also Andyroid - however I think development has ceased for it. (edited)
    yeah 5 was incredibly impressive even on a slow PC.