Advise please

Posted 26th Nov
Xbox one s or Xbox x for a 9 year old ?
Community Updates
Ask
21 Comments
Unless you don't care about money buy the S, the difference will not be noticed.
Ok thanks
The biggest difference is that the Xbox one X supports 4K, so if your son isn’t going to play on a 4K tv or he’s not too concerned about the high resolution, then Xbox one s would be the one to go for (plus it’s a lot cheaper). HTH
Yeah. The X is a flop I think. Only a few games support the higher res and to be honest its not thet noticeable even on a all singing dancing TV. Go for the S. better value for money
If you have a 4K TV watch a few 4K Youtube videos showing side by side comparisons. You'll be amazed how little difference it makes (PS4 Pro is even less). Pick up a cheap S and put the rest towards the XB2, PS5 fund.
kevlfc26/11/2019 09:54

the s prob cheapest but its digital only so s or …the s prob cheapest but its digital only so s or dhotukdeals.com/deals/xbox-one-s-1tb-all-digital-1-month-live-forza-horizon-3-sea-of-thieves-minecraft-11876-from-amazon-or-11426-with-fee-free-card-3341710

You have the choice of digital only version or the standard one with the disc player. Advantages of digital are - cheaper, no disc to lose (which you need to play some games on the standard version).
Disadvantages are - you can't use the X box as advd/bluray player. You also have to buy games from Microsoft or codes from other sources online (and all the grief that can entail)
Advantages of standard - cd/bluray player, you can buy your games from anywhere (game for example often sell xbox games for a few ££s - a great advantage with kids and their changing moods).
Disadvantage - more expensive, and if a disc is damaged you can't play it.
Personally go for the standard, multifunction and the greater outlay is easily offset by the savings.
Def wanting a disk one don’t like being restricted what to buy etc def be either the standard or Xbox one x
Thanks everyone
Personally I would go for the x, but the new Xbox comes out in a year and if you plan on getting that just get the s as it’s only for a year....
Liquidsky26/11/2019 09:35

Yeah. The X is a flop I think. Only a few games support the higher res and …Yeah. The X is a flop I think. Only a few games support the higher res and to be honest its not thet noticeable even on a all singing dancing TV. Go for the S. better value for money

Few hundred games supported with more getting redone and all the AAA titles released.

xbox.com/en-…ist

obviously you don’t have an x or you have never looked or utilised it....
Bargainhead26/11/2019 15:53

Few hundred games supported with more getting redone and all the AAA …Few hundred games supported with more getting redone and all the AAA titles released.https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-listobviously you don’t have an x or you have never looked or utilised it....

39126774-94q4y.jpg

Obviously
Liquidsky26/11/2019 15:56

[Image] Obviously

So your first statement is false or you just don’t have a clue...
Bargainhead26/11/2019 15:59

So your first statement is false or you just don’t have a clue...

In what sense? I dont understand. I have an X yeah and I also have an S and I stand by what I said. The S is better value for money.
Liquidsky26/11/2019 15:56

[Image] Obviously

Nice to see the good old 360 still has it's place on your shelf, Liquidsky.
Phsycronix26/11/2019 16:39

Nice to see the good old 360 still has it's place on your shelf, …Nice to see the good old 360 still has it's place on your shelf, Liquidsky.

RGH
Liquidsky26/11/2019 16:01

In what sense? I dont understand. I have an X yeah and I also have an S …In what sense? I dont understand. I have an X yeah and I also have an S and I stand by what I said. The S is better value for money.

You said x only supports a few games for 4K and hdr I put you right if you had read my comment...
Bargainhead26/11/2019 17:00

You said x only supports a few games for 4K and hdr I put you right if you …You said x only supports a few games for 4K and hdr I put you right if you had read my comment...

So which games run at true 4K 60fps with HDR ? Not upscaled or other tricks that devs use.
Edited by: "Liquidsky" 26th Nov
Liquidsky26/11/2019 17:02

So which games run at true 4K with HDR ? Not upscaled or other tricks that …So which games run at true 4K with HDR ? Not upscaled or other tricks that devs use.

If you looked at the link in my first comment to you, I wouldn’t be going back and forth.... i shouldn’t of comment when I read your statement some people can’t be educated...
Bargainhead26/11/2019 17:03

If you looked at the link in my first comment to you, I wouldn’t be going b …If you looked at the link in my first comment to you, I wouldn’t be going back and forth.... i shouldn’t of comment when I read your statement some people can’t be educated...

Maybe next time you Keep Calm...
Liquidsky26/11/2019 17:05

Maybe next time you Keep Calm...

I am calm but you were giving op wrong info I was correcting you... so you know for next time...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions