Advise Please

Posted 15th Jan
HI everyone,
My Sim Only contract (virgin) is expiring on the 25/01/2020. So I was deciding between three, O2 and Voda. The deals I found are as follows:

Deal 1. Three = unlimited everything 18/ month = 18x12=216 - 70 (quidco) = 146/12 =£12.16 per month.
However I was with three and I kinda know them and this is my explanation.
Three = Pros: Cheap, unlimited Data - Cons: Poor reception, Slow internet.

Now, moving on to O2 and Voda (I have never been with them)

Deal 2. Voda = unlimited everything (2mbps speed lite version) £23/month = 23x12= 276 - 40 (quidco) = 236/12 =19.70 monthly.
However the rewards from voda are pretty tempting.

Deal 3. O2 = unilited calls and texts 100GB data £25x12=300 - 65 (quidco) = 235/12=£19.6.
Are O2 priority rewards any good?

So please help me decide which one should I go for? I am not too keen on 3. But the voda VeryME rewards worth going for them? or should I choose O2 and go with the best internet option?
Community Updates

Groups

15 Comments
O2 out of them. Three depending if you've already tried and had a poor reception rules them out. How voda restrict speed and get away with it, I'd never give them my custom. You haven't mentioned ee?

A wee daft thing to mention. I tour with hill walkers all over Britain a few times a year, and the guide's swear by O2 for their reception.
Edited by: "STRICKIBHOY" 15th Jan
You don’t like 3 don’t go for them, i would tell you to avoid Vodafone as they are no good (imo), o2 is personally what I’d go for as they are pretty good albeit more expensive. Also o2 priority is great if you want the early tickets + free coffee now and then (among other “rewards”)
If you travel to the US often then Three might be worth it as the Feel at Home benefits are good.

Do you NEED unlimited data is the other thing to check, if you are only using 8GB for example there are much lower tariffs available.
I require more than 20gb... EE offers slightly expensive package. I did look into it.
MohammadYasirAli_Alvi15/01/2020 14:57

I require more than 20gb... EE offers slightly expensive package. I did …I require more than 20gb... EE offers slightly expensive package. I did look into it.

Or Voxi (Voda) no contract £10/m unlim everything (inc pic msgs) until Voxi graduates counting college.
I would say start again and look at voxi and smarty, you seem to be doing yourself out of money by targeting the biggest carriers
Douglas_Birks15/01/2020 16:58

I would say start again and look at voxi and smarty, you seem to be doing …I would say start again and look at voxi and smarty, you seem to be doing yourself out of money by targeting the biggest carriers

whilst also being aware that the £10/m Voxi unlimited everything no contract option is not actively advertised.
AndyRoyd15/01/2020 15:09

Or Voxi (Voda) no contract £10/m unlim everything (inc pic msgs) until …Or Voxi (Voda) no contract £10/m unlim everything (inc pic msgs) until Voxi graduates counting college.

Isn't voxi for students or something.
MynameisM15/01/2020 22:42

Isn't voxi for students or something.

Historically, but been open to everyone for quite some time.
Although really bad trust pilot reviews of VOXI and SMARTY. there is so much information.... It gets difficult to decide
AndyRoyd15/01/2020 22:43

Historically, but been open to everyone for quite some time.

Ok did not realize that.
Did you use too connect much with the free virgin media wifi spots or aren't there many that are useful too you. I am with virgin on the free Rollover and free WhatsApp messenger and the rest and 2GB is enough for me with the free hotspot connection.
I spend quite a few hours on watch twitch live streams.... Did the same when I was on three but had to select 360 pixels due to slow internet
MohammadYasirAli_Alvi15/01/2020 22:46

Although really bad trust pilot reviews of VOXI and SMARTY. there is so …Although really bad trust pilot reviews of VOXI and SMARTY. there is so much information.... It gets difficult to decide

Not really, Smarty runs on the Three network and diabolical coverage, Slow and roaming in the EU is crap and only 3G in most roaming destinations etc..

Voxi as suggested, unlimited everything, runs on Vodafone etc.. so better more reliable coverage, Probably the best network for roaming, Turkey is included as a free roaming destination etc..

Voxi live chat CS seems to be spot on when I've used them etc.. Can't speak for Smarty but Three CS was diabolical most times. Make a complaint and they want to sell you something! I've had issues with Vodafone too. However managed to get a £600 bill wiped clean ( Was not debiting me for over 6 months, Several contracts, Was a glitch on my account ).
If you can, try before you buy.

I have bought from all 3 companies for different members of my family in the past and the Three network was terrible around our area.

Currently, with PlusNet (piggyback on EE), Sky (piggyback on O2), EE & Virgin (piggyback on EE).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions