Groups

Advise Please!

Banned
    Hi i am looking for a little bit of advise.

I purchased some England V Slovenia tickets for £50 on Wednesday afternoon, of which Bubble_Market says he posted on Wednesday also.

The match is today and yet i have not received anything even though he said he put 3 stamps on and posted 3 days ago. All my other post has arrived. I have no idea why he didn't post special/recorded delivery.

I have no feedback as i am a new user and feel i have exploited by a trusted member and would like to know if anyone knows of a way i can take matters further.

I have his bank details which can be used in a police investigation but would like to get some opinions before i approach the police.

Thanks

11 Comments

contact the seller and see what he says

if necessary contact mods?

if he posted them and has receipt of postage i dont see how its his fault...... but other people know better than me x

There has been a lot of sporadic postal strikes over the last couple of weeks.

Is there any chance you or the seller know the seat / row numbers? If so, you could try contacting Wembley and see if there's anything you can do.

Maybe there's a lesson here, but I would say that anything 'date specific' should always be sent recorded delivery with the value covered by ins.

It should have been posted Spec Del if so request tracking

Have you got a contact number?

Banned

At the end of the day seller is responsible for postage and as the item was time sensitive he should of known better and paid for a timed postage such as next day SD, and you probably should of mentioned this to him what with their being postal strikes. Recorded delivery would of been just as useless it's not a timed service just a tracked one.

Did he say he would post SD, or did you even ask him, if neither it's both your faults in that respect.

Ultimately though it's the sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer, he did not get it there in time or post by adequate means so a good seller would refund.
    However if he has sent the tickets and they turn up, nothing the police will do, as no crime has been committed a bit dopey to send them normal post with strikes on, but not a crime that the post has held your tickets up.

Banned

What postage service did you agree to?
    Personally I would have insisted on special but if you didn't then I don't really think you can complain too much if you don't get them on time. If they don't turn up though then he should refund you I would have thought.
    I can't find the thread so can't see what was agreed, got a link to the thread?

Banned

I think the advice given by all is pretty much bang on. If you have personal contact details of your seller, please give them a call in order to obtain a status update.

It was always a sensitive transaction with the deal not being agreed until at least 18:15 on the 2nd September 2009. We don't know when payment was received, but can assume it has been done if, as you suggested, the items were posted. Special Delivery is the only method that should have been used, but that is between you both.

I don't know the ticket policy regarding replacements, might be something you can do very quickly with the seller.

hotukdeals.com/ite…424

tinkerbell28;6211799

Ultimately though it's the sellers responsibility to get the item to the … Ultimately though it's the sellers responsibility to get the item to the buyer, he did not get it there in time or post by adequate means so a good seller would refund.However if he has sent the tickets and they turn up, nothing the police will do, as no crime has been committed a bit dopey to send them normal post with strikes on, but not a crime that the post has held your tickets up.

Agreed,if they do not arrive on time,the seller should provide a refund

Original Poster Banned

Thanks for all your details responses.

I must take responsibility by not ensuring he was posting special delivery, however, i did state there are postage problems on Wednesday evening and asked if the tickets would be here in time and he insisted that they would be. (of course there was no guarantee though).

The reason i set up this thread is to wonder if 1) anyone had dealt with Bubble_Market before and 2) if good sellers are known to give even half the money back if a deal doesn't work out ideal for both parties.

I understand that he paid for the tickets and sold them, but as described above, it is in the sellers responsibility to ensure the product reaches the buyer. With this being my first trade i have nothing but negative feedback now and with my lack of feedback feel that my opinion is not as warranted as someone with positive feedback here.

I appreciate your comments and would be grateful if a moderator could maybe contact him as he hasn't returned my messages, just to ask if he can send me what ticket numbers they may have been or an email confirmation?

Thank you

Original Poster Banned

Have given reputation to everyone who commented as a way of saying thanks for your time.

Original Poster Banned

I didnt know that, do you have a contact number?

Banned

Thread closed. You've been offered advice. I hope you can resolve this with your seller. You may wish to keep us informed in the event of non resolution.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047107
    2. Has anyone purchased tickets from ViaGoGo or Seatwave? 138255
    3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359
    4. love affairs1344

See more discussions