Groups

Aer Lingus baggage allowance

Does anyone know how strict Aer Lingus are with their checked baggage size limits?

On their website they state the maximum size case they will take without incurring extra charges is a combined length, width and depth of 158cm, I have a case with dimensions of 162cm. Has anyone any experience of taking slightly oversized luggage with Aer Lingus, are they likely to waive the extra charge if it's only a few cm over? Weight isn't a problem, the case should come in at around 2 kilos less than their upper limit.

2 Comments

I would say if it is a normal suitcase and not a special box or hand made packaging then you should be OK - it is unlikely they will measure a proprietory suitcase - they will only check the weight.

If it is a special box for say industrial / business use or a hand made packaging they may look closer

hth

EliTom

Original Poster

elitom

I would say if it is a normal suitcase and not a special box or hand made … I would say if it is a normal suitcase and not a special box or hand made packaging then you should be OK - it is unlikely they will measure a proprietory suitcase - they will only check the weight.If it is a special box for say industrial / business use or a hand made packaging they may look closerhthEliTom

It's just a normal suitcase, so hopefully no problems.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1027
      2. Working conditions, workers rights. Standing at work causing pain. Is this …1325
      3. Easyjet - book now or wait?813
      4. Kitchen tap replacement33

See more discussions