Groups
    EXPIRED

Aerial for using Toshiba 19DV556DB - 19" Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV/DVD Combi in Caravan

Hi everyone!
    We are finally taking our caravan out (after having it 12 months) and bought on of the above tv's to keep the kids occupied if needs be.

I figure we may need an aerial to use it, does anyone know what sort these things will need? Is it a special caravan one? Or just any separate tv aerial?

I'm a bit clueless at the mo, the fact it has a flat screen has thrown me as our own tv at home is a proper square one, lol.

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer
    Best wishes
    Lucy

5 Comments

You usually need a booster on the aerial in a caravan

Not a caravaner myself but these look ok for the price....

High gain maplin.co.uk/Mod…572

Low gain maplin.co.uk/Mod…573

I wouldn't of thought you needed a booster, depends where you are.

PLEWSY;6051966

Not a caravaner myself but these look ok for the price....High gain … Not a caravaner myself but these look ok for the price....High gain http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97572Low gain http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97573I wouldn't of thought you needed a booster, depends where you are.

Usually caravan sites are in poor reception areas i've been to a few and never found a good one yet

My caravan has a built in ariel, are you sure you dont have one of them?

Original Poster

Yeah, it's a 1990 Swift Alouette so I'm pretty sure there's no aerial built in. There is a plug thing on the outside which would be impossible to describe, and a socket inside which looks like it is for an aerial, but no built in aerial unfortunately.

Thanks for the link PLEWSY, and for your advice too, Jeany. Will take husband's cheap portable telly with aerial to start off and see how we go on . Looks like it might need some thinking about!

Cheers

Luce xx
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One thing you've forgotten79
      2. Get an annual MOT reminder714
      3. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.917
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047185

See more discussions