Would need a minimum of 2 points.

Is it priced per job or per hour?

How much was yours and what area do you live in

Thanks in advance

16 Comments

Banned

per job, plus required parts

120-200 as a guess, depending on how he gets access to put the points in

he wont chase wires into walls, just drill through them to put points in, you have to think where the cables are going

Original Poster

Cables dont need to be chased but thanks for mentioning, didnt think about that.

wow, im hoping it'll be a cheap as that

Banned

Starr;8073394

Cables dont need to be chased but thanks for mentioning, didnt think … Cables dont need to be chased but thanks for mentioning, didnt think about that.wow, im hoping it'll be a cheap as that

I had a large aerial fitted for freeview with 3 way booster fitted (V bad signal area, 25 miles from transmitter) he ran 2 cables accross the loft, one down an existing conduit and 2 others down the corner of the bedrooms to a point for 200

quoted 150 if it was just 1 point (the main room one) remember the aerial was a much larger upgraded, so i can see 120 being possible if cheaper arial needed

if west kent can recommend

ive just had a quote of £230 for an external aerial fitted to the gable end with 4 points.

Original Poster

I live in a 3 level house and get nothing but problems with most things, hopefully it'll be straight forward and cheap, been putting it off for ages

Im looking to get freeview HD, you wouldnt happen to know if i need a certain aerial would you?

Original Poster

richp;8073456

ive just had a quote of £230 for an external aerial fitted to the gable … ive just had a quote of £230 for an external aerial fitted to the gable end with 4 points.

:w00t::w00t:

What area you from buddy? 4 points would do me :-D

jubbyme;8073426

I had a large aerial fitted for freeview with 3 way booster fitted (V bad … I had a large aerial fitted for freeview with 3 way booster fitted (V bad signal area, 25 miles from transmitter) he ran 2 cables accross the loft, one down an existing conduit and 2 others down the corner of the bedrooms to a point for 200quoted 150 if it was just 1 point (the main room one) remember the aerial was a much larger upgraded, so i can see 120 being possible if cheaper arial neededif west kent can recommend

the ones that were run down the walls in the bedrooms, were they run down the wall inside conduit that was stuck to the wall ?

Banned

richp;8073470

the ones that were run down the walls in the bedrooms, were they run down … the ones that were run down the walls in the bedrooms, were they run down the wall inside conduit that was stuck to the wall ?

no, as i hate that more than painting the cable to match the wall, stick on plastic conduit is easy if you want to do that though, even after the fact, had it run into the very corner and the box in the corner too

left it as is, as its easy to get an electric gadget to chase under the plaster when i come to redecorate

I live in the midlands and phoned 6 companies, none of them would get out of bed for under £300, which must be all of about 3 hrs work plus a £30 quid aerial, plus about 20m of cable (wanted 3 points). So I had Virgin reinstalled........

Starr;8073463

:w00t::w00t:What area you from buddy? 4 points would do me :-D

Bournemouth, would be helluva long run of cables to you :-D

jubbyme;8073485

no, as i hate that more than painting the cable to match the wall, stick … no, as i hate that more than painting the cable to match the wall, stick on plastic conduit is easy if you want to do that though, even after the fact, had it run into the very corner and the box in the corner tooleft it as is, as its easy to get an electric gadget to chase under the plaster when i come to redecorate

yeah i know what you mean, Ive just decorated a room & for some stupid reason only known to me, i didnt think about putting a box in :thinking: i think the wife distracted me when i was thinking about it, gotta blame someone :-D

Banned

richp;8073520

yeah i know what you mean, Ive just decorated a room a for some stupid … yeah i know what you mean, Ive just decorated a room a for some stupid reason only known to me, i didnt think about putting a box in :thinking: i think the wife distracted me when i was thinking about it, gotta blame someone :-D

you know women, want all the gadgets, then complain about all the wires!

Original Poster

Johnboy_1975;8073489

I live in the midlands and phoned 6 companies, none of them would get out … I live in the midlands and phoned 6 companies, none of them would get out of bed for under £300, which must be all of about 3 hrs work plus a £30 quid aerial, plus about 20m of cable (wanted 3 points). So I had Virgin reinstalled........

Virgin or sky not an option unfortunately :-(

I think im gonna set myself a budget of around £200 and see how many points ill get for that

richp;8073498

Bournemouth, would be helluva long run of cables to you :-D

:lol:

£100, 2 points inc Aerial, Mcr.

one got ours done for best ariel he had (i thought y not) and 3 pionts came to £180, so at london rates would probbaly be £200-£230.

Original Poster

ei8hty5ive;8073625

£100, 2 points inc Aerial, Mcr.

Great price

ErrorOperator;8073892

one got ours done for best ariel he had (i thought y not) and 3 pionts … one got ours done for best ariel he had (i thought y not) and 3 pionts came to £180, so at london rates would probbaly be £200-£230.

All prices seem to vary, think im gonna have to get quite a few quotes
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671403
      2. Toys R Us may soon be Toys No More - USA possibly filing for Bankruptcy2729
      3. WONGA REFUNDS DUE2111019
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553770

See more discussions