Groups

Aerial Signal Boosters - Work or Scam

My signal on my freeview makes suicidal, have to move every time to watch a certain channels, and im talking like 10min adjustments for a clear picture!

So I wonder, do these work? Or better of getting an expensive aerial - do they work?

Would like to hear your views

27 Comments

My GF's mam has one, installed it for her, worked perfectley, she has a freeview box and because of the booster she picked up a few more channels as well.

my oh got one for his freeview box and it works he can now pick up most of the channels, his aerial is in the loft.

Original Poster

O great, I thought these were a scam! May have to consider getting one now! I'm using an indoor aerial atm

we only paid around £2 - £5 for the one we have got.

Original Poster

esims84

we only paid around £2 - £5 for the one we have got.

oooo and it works? where from?

Deal4Me

O great, I thought these were a scam! May have to consider getting one … O great, I thought these were a scam! May have to consider getting one now! I'm using an indoor aerial atm

Would def buy one, especially for the price explained above, sure it will sort all of your problems out and if it doesnt, you can start a new post shouting at me :thumbsup:

argos clearance

Original Poster

esims84

argos clearance

clearance lol, gutted!

If that does not work mate, do not spend silly money on an aerial. Argos sell cheap digital aerials for about £20 that you can put in your loft, my mate did this and it worked a treat, before that they could get next to nothing on freeview.

Original Poster

beerman1

If that does not work mate, do not spend silly money on an aerial. Argos … If that does not work mate, do not spend silly money on an aerial. Argos sell cheap digital aerials for about £20 that you can put in your loft, my mate did this and it worked a treat, before that they could get next to nothing on freeview.

Does this require work and extensions etc etc?

Thanks for reply guys

I bought one from argos for £30 and it was naff. Then again, I think my house is made of lead.

Original Poster

Websites say I can receive all channels! My brother has freeview in the next room, and he uses a normal indoor aerial, and hes signal is a LOT better than mine

Asda inside aeriel £5 seems to work fine for freeview

Yep, they do work, got one myself, plug it in get a picture, unplug it nowt';-)

Banned

Mine does f all in any room. Who knows

Prissymiss

Do you mean the signal booster or your boyfriend:whistling:

as long as your ariel is fairly good in the first place a powered signal boost should provide noticable improvement to a bad signal

Deal4Me

Does this require work and extensions etc etc?Thanks for reply guys

No idea, I have never fitted one and I am crap at DIY, lol.

I just know my mate put one in his loft and got all channels with it. I suppose it's all down to where you livea to how good your signal is.

Original Poster

Thanks for the help guys.

Can anyone give me a link to a decent one? What are the price ranges I should be looking at?

A quick google search and I get £25 ones, is that good?

maplin.co.uk/Mod…4m1

Prissymiss

i had 1 aswell and it did f all aswell :x

Deal4Me

Thanks for the help guys.Can anyone give me a link to a decent one? What … Thanks for the help guys.Can anyone give me a link to a decent one? What are the price ranges I should be looking at?A quick google search and I get £25 ones, is that good?http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=36576&AID=10351789&PID=1830319&criteria=aerial+amplifier&doy=14m1

Thats an awful booster, and Tesco sell the same one for about £5.

The best booster you can buy is made by Antiference. [url]www.cpc.co.uk[/url] sell them. Most cheap boosters tend to boost the noise as well as the good parts of the signal, which doesnt always help.

beerman1

Argos sell cheap digital aerials for about £20 that you can put in your … Argos sell cheap digital aerials for about £20 that you can put in your loft, my mate did this and it worked a treat, before that they could get next to nothing on freeview.

Theres no such thing as a 'digital aerial'. Just make sure its the right type for your area, and pointing in the right direction.

Use the checker here for the right aerial type and direction info:
    ]http//ww…exe

When I used to live in a flat (one of four) I had the aerial on my roof and the booster on my electric (funded by me).. basically I ran it so everyone else could watch tv. The booster worked fine.. atleast until someone annoyed me..then their particular aerial lead would surcome to a mysterious problem for a couple of days rendering tv unwatchable... "Really? You are only getting static on the tv and have been all weekend? The fuse must have blown.. I'll just climb into my loft and check it." :whistling:

i got one from argos and it did nothing for me.....ive took my freeview out it was that bad

tazandsaz

i got one from argos and it did nothing for me.....ive took my freeview … i got one from argos and it did nothing for me.....ive took my freeview out it was that bad

Probably got the same one as me then. I got mine from Argos and actually made the picture worse. Plus it looks like something Nasa would use to obtain data from Pluto.

Original Poster

Thanks for that, think i May invest in that philips one
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …225668
      2. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1625
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416614121
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1010

See more discussions