Affiliate links being blocked?

Posted 20th Mar
Does anyone know what settings to tweak when affiliate links are blocked when you click on deal? I usually use Chrome with Kaspersky total security but any click through involving affiliate links goes to a blank page. I have tried adding exceptions for the sites that are blocked in both Chrome and Kaspersky, but it isn't happening.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Known issue. Just uninstall that Kaspersky rubbish. Job done as previous occasion hotukdeals.com/com…386
Thanks for the link. Strangely enough it was around January that Kaspersky stopped giving me problems with HUKD so I wonder if they seen that thread. Since then it is other cashback sites I am having the same trouble with. I disagree about Kaspersky being rubbish. It has kept my computer in good shape for years - maybe because it is so stringent. I had tried other anti-virus software packages in the past and my PC gradually slowed down as they were ineffective in the long term.
I have the same problem.

For text links when using FireFox (it may apply to Chrome).
Right click on the text link. Select Inspect Element (Q).
Then in the dialogue box that appears, right click on the URL you want.
Select Attributes from the list and then choose Copy Attribute Value.
Open a new tab and Paste and Go.
Handel7820/03/2020 21:34

Thanks for the link. Strangely enough it was around January that Kaspersky …Thanks for the link. Strangely enough it was around January that Kaspersky stopped giving me problems with HUKD so I wonder if they seen that thread. Since then it is other cashback sites I am having the same trouble with. I disagree about Kaspersky being rubbish. It has kept my computer in good shape for years - maybe because it is so stringent. I had tried other anti-virus software packages in the past and my PC gradually slowed down as they were ineffective in the long term.

Krapersky saw the thread and responded in Jan 2020? What about April 2019 and all the other previous and subsequent same-issue threads? Are you suggesting it took over 8months for KP to consider addressing & implementing an attempted fix to a known issue and then KP lost interest and abandoned the concept? If so, Krapersky is just that.
hotukdeals.com/dis…217
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell20/03/2020 21:43

I have the same problem.For text links when using FireFox (it may apply to …I have the same problem.For text links when using FireFox (it may apply to Chrome).Right click on the text link. Select Inspect Element (Q).Then in the dialogue box that appears, right click on the URL you want.Select Attributes from the list and then choose Copy Attribute Value.Open a new tab and Paste and Go.

Also using Krapersky? Near-unbelieveable that users should have to jump through so many hoops to bypass an issue providing zero protection. Ideal fix = unistall, otherwise: hotukdeals.com/com…937
AndyRoyd20/03/2020 21:58

Also using Krapersky? Near-unbelieveable that users should have to jump …Also using Krapersky? Near-unbelieveable that users should have to jump through so many hoops to bypass an issue providing zero protection. Ideal fix = unistall, otherwise: https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/39677937

Thanks, I'll try this tomorrow. You'll notice the OP in the thread you linked to had the same issue. He had tried other kinds of anti-virus software in the past which slowed down his PC. It's one thing putting down Kaspersky but that doesn't change the fact it seems to be efficient (maybe too efficient) in keeping malware off your PC without slowing it down.

Also using Krapersky? Near-unbelieveable that users should have to jump …Also using Krapersky? Near-unbelieveable that users should have to jump through so many hoops to bypass an issue providing zero protection. Ideal fix = unistall, otherwise: https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/39677937

Thanks. It worked by turning private browsing off and then clicking on the link.
Handel7821/03/2020 11:18

Thanks. It worked by turning private browsing off and then clicking on …Thanks. It worked by turning private browsing off and then clicking on the link.

Marvelous. A product that requires you to terminate private browsing in order to unprotect your browsing from itself. Real quality.
Still not think it's rubbish?
AndyRoyd21/03/2020 11:26

Marvelous. A product that requires you to terminate private browsing in …Marvelous. A product that requires you to terminate private browsing in order to unprotect your browsing from itself. Real quality.Still not think it's rubbish?

Ha ha. So what do you use. I'm happy to compare?

Yes I am, but I'm mainly blocking via FireFox's extensions.
If I switch the extensions off, I can get the links to work. I choose not to switch them off
AndyRoyd21/03/2020 11:53

No change since previously asked same Q …No change since previously asked same Q https://www.hotukdeals.com/comments/permalink/39682840

Fair enough but I use Chrome and apparently U(toilet)block Origin is not without its flaws in most browsers.

If Tom's guide is anything to go by Windows defender is somewhere near to AVG free which, last time I used it, was absolute pants. I'll stay safe and stick with Kaspersky.
Handel7821/03/2020 21:19

Fair enough but I use Chrome and apparently U(toilet)block Origin is not …Fair enough but I use Chrome and apparently U(toilet)block Origin is not without its flaws in most browsers.If Tom's guide is anything to go by Windows defender is somewhere near to AVG free which, last time I used it, was absolute pants. I'll stay safe and stick with Kaspersky.

The number of HUKD members posting about disasters due to Microsoft's bog (toilet ) standard inclusive offering is mind numbingly startlingly low, bordering zero.
And strangely there's not many same-issue repetitive toilet unblocking threads on HUKD, unlike the frequently-posted issues related to stuff that most toliets carry away: Krapersky.
Pay for issues, or don't pay for issues. Not a difficult question for most members on a deal hunting site.
Regardless, your perception is still respected, and you are certainly entitled to it.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants